MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
88coupe
Registered Member

Default 97-98 GT race

Another boring Monday night... Well me and 2 friends were in my Notch and we spotted a guy we know with a 97-98 White Mustang GT. Real nice lookin car with a Cobra R hood, it has (at least what I know of) 3.73 gears, flowmasters, pullies, chip and probably some other bolt ons. It's an auto also. Well we were bored enough to try racing even in my loaded down car, all he had was a girl in his car. Well we went once from a roll, wasn't really ready and the car only downshifted into second way out of the power range so he pulled a little, we had to get off for traffic. I could tell he was getting pretty cocky, and he suggested we go from a stop. We drive around till we find a little desolate road and pull up to a stop sign. I stall the car up to about 1300 and he starts to also. He counted to three and we went... To high of a launch for my tires and I started spinning, but so did he.. I finally hooked up and started pulling away.. I had 2 cars on him when we shut down around 90.
We went one more time, this time i spun worse and he got the jump, but quickly reeled him in and got a car on him by the time we shut down around 75-80'ish.
I kinda felt bad for beating him in my car with the added weight of a fat kid and another guy (400 more pouinds easy). Especially when he had a girl with him, he was cool about it and at the rate hes been spending on that car im sure ill see his taillights sooner or later! Oh well it was fun!
88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 12:50 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

There you go, pickin' on my cousins...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: