MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
elhombre
Registered Member

Default 98GT fuel rail modification

98 Mustang GT
5 speed

Currently I am having an issue with my stock fuel rails and the location of the connecting rubber tubes. I have purchased and plan to install an 02 Bullitt Mustang engine into my 98 Mustang GT. The problem is the Bullitt intake has large arches which creates an obstruction for the front rubber tube on my stock fuel rails. The Bullitt fuel rails are the new returnless fuel delivery system which does not have a front rubber tube located over the intake behind the alternator. I cannot use the Bullitt fuel rails since pre-99 Mustangs have the return fuel delivery system. I was informed that it would be possible to purchase steel braided fuel lines to replace the stock rubber bridge tubes. This should allow them to be positioned over the arches or in-between them. Does anyone know where I can purchase tubes in order to accomplish this feat?

I will try to describe the stock rails a little more in detail to assist you. Two rails run parallel to the cylinder heads, one on each side. Across the rails are two rubber lines connecting the rails. One tube is located in the back near the throttle body and the other is up front near the alternator. The back tube seems to fit fine but is a little too close to the intake for my liking. I am hoping to replace this one as well as the front. The front tube runs right over one of the front humps in the intake preventing the rails from mounting. This one has to be replaced. This front tube needs to make an almost immediate 90 degree turn off the driver side rail and then can be snaked in-between the arches or over them. I also hope these modified lines can be wrapped in insulation to help in battling the heat generated from the intake.
jms performance chip - program 2
steeda tri-ax shifter
ford motorsport 9mm spark plug wires
accel super coil packs
pro-m 75mm maf
ford motorsport shorty headers
bbk h-pipe w/hi-flow cats - 2.5"
flowmaster american thunder cat-back - 2.5"
ford motorsport 3.73 rear end
ford motorsport 150lph fuel pump
kumho ecsta 712 - 255/40-17
elhombre is offline   Reply With Quote