View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 12:15 PM   #1
00'BlackSteed
Registered Member

Thumbs up 99' Camaro Z28 vs. 00' GT

Two weeks ago my buddy went to the Ont.(CA) street races and hooked up a race for $10.00 with a 99' Z28. My buddy has a 93' Talon AWD Turbo that runs high 13's. They raced and my friend smoked him from take off to finish. The guy in the camaro was pissed and refused to pay . They blew it off(cause it wasn't worth arguing for ten bucks)and went about their business. Last Friday,(same place, same time)the same guy hit me up for a race after seeing my license plate cover, "Eating up Chevys;Shi..ing out Hondas" , but I turned it down. As they started walking away I heard them talking trash about Fords and his 300rwhp to my 230 in addition to making a comment about racing for my LP cover so you know I had to run him. So I called him back and said lets run.
We lined up and he got the jump on me(I had a horrible start). But thanks to my gears I caught up quick and we were dead even down the track. We decided to run again and this time I got a good launch and pulled about a half a car on him in first. I shifted to second and pulled about another half. We remained at that distance all the way thru. We both parked and he came over and said,"What the heck do you have in that thing? I beat mustangs all the time!" I told him it was stock minus the gears,pulleys,& exhuast which really pissed him off. Hopefully, he took it as a learning experience. Don't underestimate a Stang.

------------------
00'GT,(S281 clone),3 chamber flows,K&N filter,BBK underdrive pulleys & 3.73 gears. No time slip as of yet(est.13.7-13.9)
00'BlackSteed is offline   Reply With Quote