MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-09-2002, 01:52 PM   #1
Boosted50
Registered Member

Default Accord vrs SN95 V6

I had just pulled out of sonic with my GF and I had my window down. I hear this god awful sound coming down the road, it turns out to be a SN95 V6 stang with GT Emblems and stock height with straight pipes. The light was red and he revs at me I took off like normal, shifted into 2nd casually and then he punches it. I floored it in 2nd and walked him to 3rd, shifted into 3rd and kept pulling. I slowed down to make my turn and he did a ricer fly bye while flicking me off Dang, I need to get rid of this car and get a stang soon..
Boosted50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

That must be the 'modified GT' I hear of all those ricers beating in Texas.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:39 PM   #3
Boosted50
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
That must be the 'modified GT' I hear of all those ricers beating in Texas.
Yea, there seems to be a lot of V6's with GT badges around here There is one guy here in New Braunfels who bought a new Base Camaro and put all the exterior SS stuff on it including the Badges.. I know what I can/can't beat and don't pick races with GT's or anything faster than me. I was amazed this guy revved on me, but hell it's only an accord, easy win for em eh? I love this site, keep up the good work guys.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:39 AM   #4
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

I think the people in this area are just lazy.... I've seen V6 with Cobra tags and flat hood.. I saw a Mustang like mine, that had the Cobra front bumper, Side Tags, and wheels... but, he had the plain old flat GT hood and on his rear bumper it read.. "MUSTANG GT"...... oh yeah, and it had the normal GT wing... So you know there's some fly-boy out ther bragging about how he spanked down this Cobra, when all he did was race a plain GT... I toasted the guy before, and I wasn't even running right.. so I know he either can't drive, or has nothing done..

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Some people need a good beating.. I don't understand why you would bring everyone down appose to just yourself. It makes all GT's or Cobra's look bad if you say that. I don't see that very often around here. I would rather put my car as like a base v6 and make people think they can beat me. I guess it went from it being cool to have a sleeper to being cool to having a POS. My dads t-bird has a single chrome exhaust pipe but really dual exhaust, and has no cats or mufflers. People think it's some slow old pos ford but it moves pretty good.

Ohh.. well.. stupid young kids... hehehe

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 02:57 PM   #6
GodStang
College Stanger

I guess I can not bash on anyone. My 94 has a Cobra R hood and cobra front bumper and FRPP Cobra R rims. I still have mustang on the back and the V6 badges I do not have the word Cobra anywhere. I want new 13" front brakes but they say cobra so I may have to wait. I will not race ANYONE until I get my engine put in. I will not disgrace real Mustangs by letting some beleive they beat a faster car. I guess I am a ricer right now but when I get the money a 351W is going in. Keep beating those ricers.
Old 09-10-2002, 03:17 PM   #7
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Ah Hell! There is nothing wrong with racing a V-6 mustang, just be prepared to lose to about anything

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 04:17 PM   #8
Boosted50
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GodStang
I guess I can not bash on anyone. My 94 has a Cobra R hood and cobra front bumper and FRPP Cobra R rims. I still have mustang on the back and the V6 badges I do not have the word Cobra anywhere. I want new 13" front brakes but they say cobra so I may have to wait. I will not race ANYONE until I get my engine put in. I will not disgrace real Mustangs by letting some beleive they beat a faster car. I guess I am a ricer right now but when I get the money a 351W is going in. Keep beating those ricers.
I think your car looks good, even though its only a v6. Glad to see you have plans for it, thats always good. I don't race my accord much anymore, I just felt it was necessary to let this guy know his car wasn't the ish he thought it was. I do the same to ricers so its all good. 351W...sounds like your gonna be tearing up Thank you all for the positive responces, I figured I would get flamed for this post.. I am the farthest thing from a ricer, I unwillingly drive my accord around these days hehe. My other vehicle is a 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 which is very fun I learned how to drive on an early 90's Corvette/NSX, and my dad owned an Acura Dealership so I am partial to both Domest/Imports. I just don't like the crap I see these kids do to these hondas
Old 09-10-2002, 09:02 PM   #9
GodStang
College Stanger

Most of us have nothing against people that drive forgian cars it is the people that have stock cars with like 180hp and they say they run 9 secs in the 1/4. And want to fight when you tell them they are crazy. There is one guy dating my friends sister. What a little bit**. He has a yellow front and red back Camero v6 with Nitrous (has a cool sticker on the back that says outsiders). I told him he is brave to run nitrous on a v6. He said naw man it is done right. I said ok. Than I said oh is your car lowered he said ya I heated the springs. I was like ok some one does not know his strengths of materials. Heated metal breaks. When he takes off his exhaust is about an inch from the ground. When I left he got all mad and was like what that fool want? He want to race me or something. I was just being nice looking at his car. Those are the people we bash on.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:41 PM   #10
Boosted50
Registered Member

Yes I agree. Me, being in the import scene I run into a lot of these fools. I don't know whats it like being in a Stang/Camaro/Trans Am and having one of these tools telling me stupid stuff, but I do know what its like being on the 'inside' and hearing the stuff they say. I have driven some fairly fast cars, and some slow ones. One thing I have noticed is that the majority of the 'ricers' are kids whose parents bought them their car and they are jumping on the 'modding' bandwagon, but have no clue what is tasteful and whats not. Then again, everybody has their own views on what their car should look/perform like. I know several V8 domestics that are cool guys, it seems that th V6 domestics are out to prove something and sometimes act worse than the 'ricers'. I just get tired of joining message boards where everybody is single minded and isn't open to anything different. I really enjoy this site, and got a warm welcome a long time ago when I signed up. As for that guy with the V6 Camaro with nitrous..I find that pathetic that he heated up his springs.. lol. After you asking him questions about his car and being nice, he had the gahl(sp?) to talk **** about you? Its a v6 Camaro with Nitrous..big whoop. I guess after talking crap to the V8 guys and getting his butt kicked he realized that he needed some kind of power adder so that he wouldn't fall as far behind
Old 09-11-2002, 02:00 PM   #11
GodStang
College Stanger

I feel that V6 mustang and Camero's are becoming the biggest ricers. That is why I am trying to get a 351W for my car. Get out of the group. If I do not get the engine than I will just go to a 98 Cobra Vert. Not sure what I want. I have a couple of months though,.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:28 PM   #12
Boosted50
Registered Member

Yea, I see a LOT of riced out V6 pony cars.. Funny, I am trying to get out of the import scene It has become a total joke to me. FWD is boring too
Old 09-11-2002, 09:42 PM   #13
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GodStang
Most of us have nothing against people that drive forgian cars it is the people that have stock cars with like 180hp and they say they run 9 secs in the 1/4. And want to fight when you tell them they are crazy. There is one guy dating my friends sister. What a little bit**. He has a yellow front and red back Camero v6 with Nitrous (has a cool sticker on the back that says outsiders). I told him he is brave to run nitrous on a v6. He said naw man it is done right. I said ok. Than I said oh is your car lowered he said ya I heated the springs. I was like ok some one does not know his strengths of materials. Heated metal breaks. When he takes off his exhaust is about an inch from the ground.
I swear... a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing

i'm assuming this v6 guy is a newbie an dosen't know anything but jeeze!!! some people are jus askin for a B*tchslap.

Total knowledge is power, use it.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 01:03 PM   #14
Extremestang

GodStang Posted: "I feel that V6 mustang and Camero's are becoming the biggest ricers. That is why I am trying to get a 351W for my car. Get out of the group. If I do not get the engine than I will just go to a 98 Cobra Vert. Not sure what I want. I have a couple of months though"

Are you in denial? The reason i say this, is that you stated that v6 mustangs are becoming ricers. Are you implying all v6's? I mean, i see everything riced out. Trucks, camaros, even a vette! Its out there on 4cyl, v6 and v8 cars and yes its ugly. I wont get into it about "SOME" of our lost brethrens out there, but to imply that v6's in general are becoming ricers is b.s.

Speaking for myself, if anyone ever called me a ricer, they'd get B*****Slapped. I have spent to many long hours on my car turning and burning to get it where its at now. I pay for it all and do my own work. Yes, it might have a supercharger and all the other goodies, but it is nothing near rice nor a beefed up v8. Nor, do i think that my low 14 second 1/4's are that fast. For a v6 it is respectable, but its nothing to brag about.

You bet i got offended. Why, because i dont run fake emblems, a wing, tacky stickers and i dont claim my car runs nine second 1/4's. When they see the 232 emblems on the back, they know what they got beat by if i'm on the winning end. So please, next time dont generalize the v6 crowd, its not All of us.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 02:26 PM   #15
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Hey Brian - do you have any track/dynos #'s w/ the blower?

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:44 PM   #16
GodStang
College Stanger

That is no ricer. I classify a ricer as a man/woman that puts a body kit on there car and says he saw that in a magazine this body kit can run 9 secs in the 1/4. They can not even change the oil. V6 people are putting Cobra Emblems and Saleen and Steeda and Roush across there windshileds. They also have 10 ft aluminum spoilers.
I respect any person that does there own work and that can make any car fast. I do not consider it ricer because it is fast. Some very fast European cars have V6s but they are not riced out. I am just sick of one of the web sits I went on and looked at V6 cars and they looked just like a honda. You try to chat with them and they get mad when you tell them K&N does not give you 25 hP and a Computer chip alone does not give you 75HP.

I am very sorry that I offended you. I hope you accept my apologies.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:11 AM   #17
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

i said it before, and its got to be said again, Extremestang Thats lil pony is a BAD ***!! this, ladies an gentlemen is a fellow that knows how to make a car look superb. using lines, color,and simplicity to create one hell of a nice ride..good work my friend!!

people don't seem to realize that these cars look better with few exterior mods, an lots of underhood goodies.a 180 of rice if you will
lower suspension, better wheels/tires, (maybe hood or body kit(if performance justifies) but thats about it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. .

BTW( i saw a pony rice yesterday and it is not pretty)boeing sized rear wing, ugly thuggrish ruggish 20s' neon blue..

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote