MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2002, 10:46 PM   #1
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Default Acura Cl-S says he beat a cobra?

on another site, this guy comes to the board saying this, and i quote:

I was up in Austin last night visiting the scene talking to friends, etc. At a point everyone left and got on the highway to do some runs. I mainly went to watch, but when I was behind 3 stangs lining up to run I wanted to see how I could hang with them, to my amazement I beat them. The Cobra is the one I am not sure where he was but more details in a bit.
Anyways, the mustangs all lined up in front of me, 5.0 GT 5spd on left lane, 99+ GT 5spd middle, and Cobra in the right. I was behind the 99 GT. I held 2nd gear right in my power band, we all launched at 45mph The 99 GT and Cobra pulled the 5.0. I was on the tail of the 99GT and he was not leaving me. I passed the 5.0 while he was still racing, and I noticed I was getting too close to the 99, so I switched lanes to the left. We kept in it, I hit 3rd sometime in this, and near my top of 3rd I was passing the 99 GT. I was on his side about my front bumper at his front fender before we all let off. The cobra at this time was not ahead of the GT, I think we both pulled him. But the guy with the 99 GT had gauges, and it was black with some nice chrome wheels, loud exhaust, etc.

The guy looked at me with a weird look, like how the hell can that car pass me!?

BTW, I am completely stock! And a Automatic at that!

My car best running area is the highway and at those speeds we ran.

3 stangs go down at once!

unquote, I just cant believe he beat the cobra on the highway, maybe the 5.0, i had to call BS, i mean im sure 260 hp is a good contender for any Gt on the highway, but come on are these acuras really that fast? btw, he said it was like a 96-98 cobra later in the thread.
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote