MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2002, 09:57 PM   #1
Venomrain
Registered Member

Default Acuras and Hondas and VWs, oh my!

I generally don't race other people... I'm content with just cruising around and keeping the local wannabes in check. I always pick the opponents and am somewhat selective... if I weren't I'd be racing 24/7 cause everybody wants to try and take me it seems. And it wasn't that way when I first bought my mustang. It was after I had the suspension and R hood installed that the challenges started "rolling" in. And it's never just 1 person in the car; whenever I hear a gnat approaching it is usually occupied by 3-4 individuals, mostly teens. Even with the windows tinted I know they're teens. Because semi-mature adults, even the retarded ones, know better than to provoke a mustang. Or maybe not. Maybe they are missing that particular Y chromosone that governs judgement and reality. Case in point:

Just today I'm driving down highway 99 today and a brand new VW GTI 1.8 turbo rolls up beside me. I gaze over at the car because it looks kinda cool, silver with those 17" 5 spoke mags. The driver is a young man with his baseball cap turned backwards and is talking on a cell phone, leaning at a 45 degree angle I might add. 2 others were also in the car, and when the light turned green the VW was off! I didn't even bother with them, what would the point be? Next light is red as well, same scenario. Next few lights are green, and the VW makes a point to stay far ahead of me. The light ahead turns red and he comes to a stop. I'm still rolling along at 30 mph, timing the light. As I roll up on the light it turns green and I rocket by the VW, who is trying to accelerate from a dead stop to catch me. No chance, I maintained a good lead when traffic merged in front of them, cutting them off. I get about 1 1/2 miles up the road and they fly by me again... like that makes up for me smoking them earlier. I just laughed to myself because this kinda crap happens to me 100 times a day. I can't even run across the street to the grocery stored without some gnat trying to provoke me. As annoying as it is it is also very entertaining... and somewhat flattering. To think that I am the yardstick that every wannabe rice-burning gnat tries to aspire to become... -shudder!-
Old 03-28-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
tinner
Registered Member

no offense but I hate it when people time the light. I have seen ricers do that, it is another version of a fly by. My point is if you are going to race someone make it fun and stop like you are not afraid to line them up.

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
RedCobra/95
Registered Member

Default AIN'T it the truth!!!!

Ya, aint it the truth!! Any type of fly bye's, by the imports or Domestic 4-cyclinders, you know the Neon's and Focuses ETC.....
It happens so much, I don't even bother putting it on the message forum. But you know what, at least the import, ricers or whatever you want to call them, keep you on your toes. I know most of them are slow or can keep up a little bit with the stangs. At least they keep your life interesting, I admit when I see them or here the Kazoo pipe blarring. I'm ready to deal with whatever gay crap their going to pull. BUT they are all so predictable, don't you think. GEESH, were do they get off thinking a 15inch tailpipe adds 300hp and stickers adds 100hp and lights add an extra 50hp. OR howabout the huge tach, oboy that's a big hp gain. Or how about the HUGE wing like a formula one race cars on a 4-door family car. The wings on some of these imports are so gosh darn dumb, is the extra flow from wind going to hold down the rear tires to get extra trackin, when they drive mostly front wheel drive cars. Don't miss understand me, I don't dislike the import guys, my woman owns one and its tricked out a little, but not in a silly goddy fashion. They just got to understand with the little mods they put on there vehicles, they just can't hang with a stang. Maybe if they had turbo's or NOS, I would understand. Sorry all, I had to blow some steam off, cuz those darn gnats are hella of annoying. Venomrain I know how you feel, you can't go anywhere, they think there 15inch tail pipe noise maker is suppose to intimidate you or somethin, I guess. O well, whatever. Ricers are kool, but when they act stupid it's a different story. They just over do it sometimes.
My so called Mods are: 30lbs Injectors, 80mm Pro-M, E303 cam, Aeromotive Adj. Fuel Regulator, ElderBrock Performer Alumi. Heads w/Locwire Gaskets, Alumi. Radiator, Alumi. Drive shaft, Mac LongTube headers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Bassani Quiet thunder mufflers. Steeda sport springs, KYB struts and shocks. Mac fenderwell induction system thing. Steeda Tri-ax short throw shifter and 3.73 Gears.
RedCobra/95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:11 AM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

I have to agree man, not to dog on you but timing the light like that and saying that you "smoked them" even though you had a huge advantage bc u where already rolling at speed is pretty lame and ricer like.
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34

Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:11 AM   #5
Venomrain
Registered Member

Default Haha

Yeah, on the roads of America I'm not afraid of being car jacked, just rice jacked. If I'm driving my wife's taurus its like being at the local Zoo and peering through into glass cage: you see the gnats out there, driving past you and buzzing around and going about their funny little habits without paying me any mind. And I don't have to concern myself with it any of it. Then as I drive home I'm like "crap, gonna be in the stang tonight. Better bring a fly swatter...". As for timing the light, I do that anyways. If it includes giving a gnat a taste of its own medicine then so be it. I alway thought Z28s and Vettes would be the real challenge. But they never give me a single problem, as the gnats attack them as well. Maybe if I spray a can of Raid on the next Acura I see it will leave me alone...
Old 03-29-2002, 01:18 AM   #6
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Quote:
Maybe they are missing that particular Y chromosone that governs judgement and reality.

I believe that would make them female.
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 04:21 AM   #7
89mustanglx
Registered Member

I love it when they try fly bye's on me... If they're going 60 they may get a 16th of a mile ahead of me. See attachment
89mustanglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 09:43 AM   #8
lyonsd
Registered Member

That stuff never happens to me. But ricers should be spanked at every reasonable opportunity.
lyonsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 07:11 AM   #9
Import Slayer
Registered Member

Default Re: AIN'T it the truth!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RedCobra/95
the Kazoo pipe blarring. I'm ready to deal with whatever gay crap their going to pull...
LOL!!!! :*(tears of laughter:*(
thats the funniest **** ive heard in a long time lol

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 07:56 AM   #10
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

He just payed you back for the "timed light". Next time tell the Import guy you want the line them up and run.
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 01:21 PM   #11
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 89mustanglx
I love it when they try fly bye's on me... If they're going 60 they may get a 16th of a mile ahead of me. See attachment
Sweet car, I just love a car with a nice big blower sticking out of the hood!
Old 04-01-2002, 02:52 AM   #12
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Quote:
Originally posted by 89mustanglx
Yikes.....i think that applies for alot of people in any car compared to your car that looks awesome!

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 04:19 AM   #13
silverv6
Registered Member

I just plain hate RiCe<

My list of Idiots

#1 Honda
#2 Camaro
#3 Eclipse
#4 Jetta
#5 Focus <<<<<dont matter if its a ford but I consider it as Rice
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:01 AM   #14
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

Sweet car 89lx. Just be careful you dont suck some little import up with that blower. not sure if many air filters get that garbage. And you guys have probably noticed down there in the states as well that, after you blow away an import at the lights and when your .5km down and you stop racing that they always fly by you and cut you off. That drives me crazy.
RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:30 PM   #15
this is not cbring
Registered Member

sorry to revive such a dead thread, but........

ROFLMAO
Old 10-03-2002, 04:03 PM   #16
inferno
The Instigator

Default Re: Acuras and Hondas and VWs, oh my!

Quote:
Originally posted by Venomrain
........The light ahead turns red and he comes to a stop. I'm still rolling along at 30 mph, timing the light. As I roll up on the light it turns green and I rocket by the VW, who is trying to accelerate from a dead stop to catch me. No chance, I maintained a good lead when traffic merged in front of them, cutting them off..........
hmmmm....Since he timed the light and still had to cut them off when traffic merged, I think it is kinda clear which vehicle was the faster of the two......hmmmm.....