MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2002, 10:40 PM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default almost ate it

well. I'm still breaking in my GT.... got about 1800 miles on it... so I'm still trying to get all the kinks out and see how it handles. well after taking a hard cornering off ramp at 75 and not feeling it let go I was amped at how the GT stuck to the ground.

well I'm going to work in the morning and I always take the same on ramp and it is a nice easy glide to a 3 lane highway which is ALWAYS vacant when I get there. so I'm busting the GT hard, WOT. I'm pulling it through first second and just put it in third. check behind and nobody on the highway, nor to my side nor in front for a good distance.... so I'm just at redline in third as I'm finishing the curve of the on ramp..... I jam it into 4th and start to let out the clutch...... my *** starts to rip hard to the left and wheels lock up. some how I managed to put the damn thing in second and not fourth.... the drag of the engine rotation from the second gear ratio dropped the speed of my wheels fast enough to cause them to slip out from under me...

well, I'm quickly sliding twards the gaurd rail and instinctivly push the clutch in and rip the wheel to right the car...... pulling it out of the slide in the passing lane.

**** scared me to death...... car was doing so well too... what si 3rd redline...... 110 or something...... dunno how the hell I dropped into second from 3rd, but it was just my unlucky day. thought I'd share..... nobody wants to race me since I got the GT, so I race myself.

Torinalth
Old 07-09-2002, 11:56 PM   #2
7up
Registered Member

That's pretty scary going that fast, good thing you got control of it again. Today I almost blew through a red light, I just spaced out i guess. I saw a car go through the intersection and I was like, he just blew a red light. Then I realized the light was red for me and I slammed on the brakes. I still can't believe I almost did something so stupid.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:30 AM   #3
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Man, I know what that sutff is like. I was driving home one time and blew through a stop sign. I didn't even see it till I got half ways by it. I was out of it or something. Good thing that the vehicle in the other lane didn't go, otherwise I would've hit him. It did scare the crap out of me. Oh well, just my little rinky-dinky story.
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: