MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   almost stock 90 coupe vs. 94 rx-7 tt (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=20973)

langley 03-20-2002 04:10 PM

almost stock 90 coupe vs. 94 rx-7 tt

I want to run my buddies 94 rx-7 tt[$30,000] so bad cause he thinks it can kill anything.We ran last summer and I beat him by about 2 car lengths,when we raced I heard his miss 2nd[he missed it because he had only been driving standard for about 3months].The rx-7 only has downpipe,mid pipe and some kinda borla exhaust[he says 300rwhp].I keep on asking him to race but he say there is no point he'd smoke me,he wants to race after he gets his ecu done but since he's getting that done to get the upper hand on me,I'm going to drop in nitrous to even things up.I think I have a chance because he doesn't know how to drive the car yet[but he's learning],if he knew how to drive the car, I know he should smoke me---any thoughts---do ya think he is really pushing that much rwhp for those little mods

geno5.0 03-20-2002 04:56 PM

THOUGHTS HMMMMM

OH yes!!! DONT DO IT stock for stock he will smoke you.
Rx7 weighs less 255 hp I think ( high 13 seconds stock)
Stang weighs way more 225 hp (low 15 seconds stock)
On spray maybe!!! depends how many mods he has I have seen them go as fast as 11.8 by just uping the boost and more fuel BE CAREFULL:eek:

SaleenGTS 03-20-2002 04:56 PM

Sorry to say, but he will smoke you. Stock those run 13.9-14.0's ith a low 5 0-60. He is probably running 13.2's at worst, and if he really is hitting 300 at the tires he will run low 12's with that weight. I say leave it be. You won the last outing, you are in the good. If you race again, he will wax you.

I say you are running 14.0-14.2's with your setup.

langley 03-20-2002 05:10 PM

so ya guys don't thinks I should do it just for fun! the guy with the rx-7 just phoned me and said he is doing his ecu in a couple days and its supposed to put 80rwhp to the car.do these cars actually put out that many rwhp for such small mods,I'm probably just lighting a fire under my own *** lol:D

geno5.0 03-20-2002 05:22 PM

He is full of it

80 hp just from the ECU I dont think so He does not know his facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the ECU does is adjust the timing, fuel pres, and depending on a few variables ups the boost. more like 20-40 at the crank 40 if his car is running bad in the first place.

Go ahead run him!!! Rx7 's look cool from behind because that is all you will see:rolleyes:

langley 03-20-2002 05:37 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Unit 5302 03-20-2002 08:34 PM

Yawn... RX-7

So he's got an RX-7TT that has exhaust and he's getting an ECU? Run him. If you hook up some N20, you're gonna beat him. He will not have 300rwhp. RX-7's lose more power through their driveline than your Mustang. It's IRS is pretty inefficient, and you have to know how to launch it to get really good times. The cars are pretty weak in the mid/upper range, like 80-120 from the factory.

Stock RX-7's weigh a whopping 300lbs less than you :rolleyes: He'd be lucky to have 250rwhp. If you run a 125-150hp shot of N20 and he gets a bad launch or you run him from a roll, you're gonna win again.

Stang Runner 03-20-2002 08:52 PM

I dont know about the ECU's on there But Iknow of some other Turbo cars Yes it will give you a good25HP Some cars Limit the fuel along with the Psi What I mean is a new Ecu can make the Fuel Go up with the Psi With a Stock Ecu in some cars Do is Stop the fuel curve At a Preset Psi you can Make more psi But it will not Make to much more power And can lean out Not saying that it does do that tho....... But you never know....

StoplightWarrior 03-20-2002 09:38 PM

Re: Yawn... RX-7

Quote:

Originally posted by Unit 5302
So he's got an RX-7TT that has exhaust and he's getting an ECU? Run him. If you hook up some N20, you're gonna beat him. He will not have 300rwhp. RX-7's lose more power through their driveline than your Mustang. It's IRS is pretty inefficient, and you have to know how to launch it to get really good times. The cars are pretty weak in the mid/upper range, like 80-120 from the factory.

Stock RX-7's weigh a whopping 300lbs less than you :rolleyes: He'd be lucky to have 250rwhp. If you run a 125-150hp shot of N20 and he gets a bad launch or you run him from a roll, you're gonna win again.

Yup

67GTACoupe 03-21-2002 09:56 AM

Sup All,

Whatch out those Rex's are preaty fast, but no way in hell hes putting 300rwhop out, maybe at the crank he might, they put about 215 rwhp stock, downpipe is about 10-15hp, exhaust is another probally another 10 and if he he gets his ecu he might get another 20-30 hp, so he might be putting 270rwhp at the most, a buddy of mine had a rex and talked how fast he was all the time, then he raced my roadrunner and got his *** roasted, there only good for launching ususally and anything over 120 when aero comes in.

Laterz