View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 12:07 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Always bring your ride to the Street Races!!

We all went out to the street races last night. I hadnt been out in a while, but my friends drug me along. It was Jeremy in his 95 5.0 with bolt ons, Conor in the 95 Integra with bolt ons and Nitrous, Kevin in his bolt on 96 GT and then my brother and me in the GT and cobra, respectively. It was supposed to be pretty good last night, and my friends wanted me to drive, but Kevin and Conor were already driving so my bro and I just jumped into Kevins GT and followed Conor's teg out there.

We hit a few spots but not much was going down. We left and cruised to the local Chevron where we saw some rice-galore, so we pulled in. We made Conor go up to them, since he was one of em and my bro, kevin, me and the girl I was with stayed by the GT. We observed that the ricers were being friendly enough to conor, jeremy, and paul so we made our way over there. The ricers had an integra with unknown mods, an eclipse (non turbo) and some rediculous monstrosity of an integra. Lots of people were gathering around and bowing down to this rice rocket. Conor asked what it ran, and they all started laughing. One of them said, "Dudes, he's running 9psi!" Everyone like gasped, and laughed. Conor said, you wanna run my teg? Again, they all laughed and got all excited. Now, keep in mind I've raced conor's ride, and while it's fast enough, I still smoke him. Anyway, they decide to race and we head out. Before we go, I ask the one white guy who was in the crew what the integra ran, and he goes, "Dude, it was 107 degrees when it ran." I say, "ok, what did it run?"

"Dude, it was hellof hot out there that day."

"Ok, so what did it run"

"Turbo's hate the heat, dude"

"So what did it run!!!"

"He pulled a 14.5@95."

I had to bite my lip...these guys are wetting themselves over a turbo'd teg running mid 14s??

At this point, I was so frusterated. The girl I was with is asian, and very hot...so that made the ricers mad enough already. Second, I ran 14.4 when I was basically stock, so I knew I could take this guy. Oh well, I didnt bring my car, I had to deal with it...

Anyway, Conor races this guy and lost by 1 length. Kevin was right behind them in the GT the whole race and we were just laughing.

Moral of the story: Domestic power is still the Shhh in my book, but if you don't bring it out, you can't prove it!!

The GT and cobra are debuting next weekend!!

Sorry for length, but I'm at work and have nothing else to do!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote