MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-18-2002, 08:33 AM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Angry Am I getting f'cked with?

Ok, as some of you may know, I had brought my 99 Cobra into the speed shop last monday to have the intercooled/aftercooled vortech S-trim put on. Friday they called me and asked me if I wanted to intall a Steeda fuel pump for $500. I said I couldn't really afford that right now, sorry guys. They called back monday and said that Vortech's battery relocation kit tells them to string the wires underneath the car. They said they wanted to go through the car, being safer etc. I said go ahead. So that's extra time and money. Am I being dicked around here, or are they just thinking about my well being? I like the guy, seemed nice, talked with him a lot, but then again, everyone is a businessman (or woman), right? I look very young and may look like I am some ignorant teenager (no offence to you teenagers ), so I don't know. What do you guys think? I like this speed shop, and hope that they are just looking out for me. I like the think that there is still a little humanity left in the world.

Thanks guys

PS: I still get carded for rated R movies

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 01:44 PM   #2
DRASTiK
Registered Member

well IMO, 500 is WAY too much for parts and labor on a fuel pump install. Also, I would run the wires inside my car too, but I do my own work, so I don't know the going rates on labor.

I also don't own a supercharger (yet ), so I can say that I wouldn't attempt that install myself without further research. As far as the pump, you can do that on a saturday by yourself without much hassle. If money is bothering you about the wiring, then just tell them to wire under the car and turn around and re run the wires inside the car yourself when you bring it home. That is also something I have done with mine, and it's not difficult at all. Probably takes about 20 minutes max.

Dave

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 07:54 PM   #3
ricekilla
Registered Member

hey, if you can afford a 99 cobra, and a blower for it, then, ****, let them install it for you and run the wires, those prices sound about right. thats why they are still in business, they make money off of people that cant do the install theirselves. speed costs money bro, especially if you arent mechanically inclined. i say get the blower back, take a saturday and sunday, do the install yourself, and buy gears and some drag raidials w/ the money you've saved.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
ricekilla
Registered Member

hey drastik, do you ever run at carlsbad? are you at camp pendleton? my buddy is at camp pendleton, he drives a blue 69 el camino w/ boyd coddington rims, we run at carlsbad all the time. our times are pretty damn close..........
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:14 AM   #5
DRASTiK
Registered Member

Yeah man I'm on Pendleton, and I'm hoping to be at Carlsbad on Saturday. Not sure if I can make it yet, but I'm hoping I can. I had to back out last week. Let me know if you might go.

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:21 PM   #6
ricekilla
Registered Member

we're shooting for july 6th, but my buddy's car lunched the tranny. so if we can get his new one in before then we'll be good to go.