MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2002, 08:06 PM   #1
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Arrow Another 5.0 revs at me, then turns away...?

I was pulling out of the school parking lot when I see this LX 5.0 (Mines a GT) cruisin' around the lot showing off his "mad power" to the chicks and stuff. Anyways he peels out a couple of times, and then stops to pick up 2 girls and a guy. I proceed to drive around him casually and admire his car as I go by. I then see him trying to get behind me by dodging other cars and cutting people off. He manages to get within one car of me and is looking out his driver's side window (he's sticking his head out his window) to see where I'm at. As I pull out I go to the next stop light and what do ya know....he pulls up next to me revs to about 5000, looks at me with this evil look in his eye along with his 3 passengers, so i'm thinking this dude wants to taste some GT 5spd. power I'm getting ready for green. Just before it goes green he turns off and lays some rubber on the ground, proceeds to go wayyyy past the speed limit and I guess he thought he won or something? Well anyways just thought i'd share this wierd *** experience with everyone, has this ever happened to anyone else?
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 05:51 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

nah never happened to me before..then again i've never had anybody rev at me.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 09:30 PM   #3
RedTwilight
Registered Member

I have had some guy run a red-light before. This guy that I've raced (and beat) a couple of times from a roll; was still wanting to go from a stop. We'll one night while turning into a parking lot I have to come to a stop (red light and I was in the turning lane); and low and behold it's that same dude in the lane next to me. We'll there was no cars comeing so I proceed to turn into the parking lot. Next thing I know the dude took off through the light while it was still way red. I guess he thought I was gonna run him or something. My buds were cracking up. Since then the guy has recieved the nickname Redlight

'96 Cobra LazerRed (RedTwilight-Zero)
Removed air silencer
K&n air filter
BBK o/r H-pipe
MAC 2.5" Flowpath catback
MSD 8.5mm super conducter ignition wires
Centerforce clutch assembly
Steeda Tri-ax shifter

'93 silver 5.0 LX coupe

'86 5.0 LX
RedTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:19 PM   #4
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

The guy thought he had something to prove to his friends (girls mostly) in the car. It's what I like to call "having a small penis". I'm not sure if that's the technical name for it....Stuff like this really stinks cause you get the heart pumpin ready from some fun, then last second the guy realizes he's about to be fed a helping of dust and puss's out.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 07:17 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Oh I love it when my heart starts pumping and my palms get sweaty waiting for the light to change!!

One time I was coming home from the track and got stopped at a light next to a SN-95 GT. He wouldn't look over and didn't rev at me so when the light changed, I just went forward like normal. Next thing I hear are his tires howling as he tries to get traction. I hear his tires and just romp the gas (I was still in first...yea I was hopeing he would go) He never came close to me and looked quite surprised when we stopped at the next light. This was last year before I put the supercharger on...

Now that it's winter and I can't drive my car, I'm going to have to live vicariously through all of yuns' stories.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 01:38 AM   #6
Motorhead302
Registered Member

i have a "friend" who's almost that annoying. he bought a 95 GT BONE stock, aside from a Powedyne, of course, but 2.73's, 5 spd, you get the pic. anyway, his head is about the size of a weather balloon, and he talked a lot of **** till we went to the track and shut him up. he ran a best of 13.92, i ran 13.69.

anyway, he'll sit next to someone at a light, and respond with a rev, and everything, and then just take off like grandma on sunday when it changes. then he'll stomp it AFTER you decide he's not racing and let off. it's like a total ricer fly-by, but in a Stang. drives me insane. or, on the rare occasions that he kicks it, when he gets dusted, he uses the old "i didn't know you wanted to race" routine, and claims that he wasn't on it.
I'm sorry, but when i just powershifted through 4th, and i'm doing 80, and you're only 3 cars back, you were up to SOMETHING.

95 GT, Pulleys, Headers, Off-road H, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch 14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust.

'92 LX, 4.10's, Underdrives, Off-road, Flowmaster 2 Chambers, Chrome Cobra R Wheels
NEW TIMES: 8.694@78.7, 13.694@97.76
Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: