MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
mustang marty gt

Talking anyone check out the msn homepage bye camaro & firebird

you gotta check it out some ricer said , so my ricer can beat a mustang , or a camaro anyway don't even remember what kind of tojo mobile he owned , hell don't really care.
that 35th anniversary firebird looked pretty awsome.
------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 08:18 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Yeah that ricer had a prelude he said could waist a camaro or a stang LOL.....I laughed pretty hard at that one.

I think that we will see the camaro again on the vette frame with 385HP in 3 or 4 years.

Maybe they will bring out the SSR that is only sold in Australia, FWD LS1 looks bad @ss. Runs mid 13's

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 09:19 PM   #3
mustang marty gt

yeah 5.0 ho i breathed a sigh of relief i figured some brand x guy would just jump all over me, i am not happy the camaro & firebird are going away, it don't leave us nothing but rice to race.oh well did you read some of the comment's made by the people on that site . damm wonder what they would say if they quit making stang's , which they almost did , the probe. huh german crap uh oh now i'll hear it from probe owner's . see ya .

------------------
Old 10-02-2001, 11:01 PM   #4
bstang46
Registered Member

What site is this?????
bstang46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 02:09 PM   #5
Steve2000SS
Registered Member

5.0 ho ~ the australian LS1 car is the Holden not the SSR .. The SSR is the el camino ish concept car/truck from GM that is supposed to be producted.. it will have (so they say) an LS1 REAR-Wheel-drive set-up with a convertable hard top..

The holdens in Austrialia are rear wheel drive also.. there is a 4 door sedan, 2 door coupe and a car/truck hybrid (a differt el camino type design)

No flames just wanted to clarify

God Marty.. its difficult to read your posts..

------------------
2000 SS - Lgt Pewter/Blk Full-Power Recaro Seats
Wings West color matched grill, Carbon Fiber Interior - SLP Packages ~ Bilstein Shocks, Hotchkis 1" drop springs, Auburn Differential, Braxxton Chambered Exhaust with SLP tips, Hotchkis STB, Hotchkis SFC's, Hotchkis Panhard Bar & Trailing Arms, Hotchkis sway bars, Hurst Short Throw 6spd (with Lous Short Shift), Boyd Blaster Billet Wheels, SS milled Sparco Pedals, SLP 85mm MAS, yada yada yada

oh yea, 330rwhp and 334rwtq corrected SAE!
Steve2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 09:54 PM   #6
rbatson

Well, this year was the last year of the cam/bird and now its next year. I can assure you of one thing, gm has something up thier sleeve. Maybe something new, maybe up the hp in the Monte or something like that, but... I'm looking for them to bring back one of their old names.. Chevelle? GTO? I'm thinking it took them alittle longer than they expected to develop it, so they ran the cam/bird another year.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:10 PM   #7
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Yea that guy said he can "make a few tweaks or something, and beat a mustang or camaro, with his prelude, lol, now my friend has a 01 prelude, it is nice, drives nice, handles good, good power, but it just aint my mustang, and it will be in the rearview 0- to it's topspeed.

It would take more than just tuning and adjustments for him, more than stickers and fart pipe.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:27 PM   #8
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

I read it last night also. I wouldn't be suprised if they take the name away for a few years and reintroduce them as a new product like Ford is doing with the new '02 Thunderbird. I hope it doesn't change Ford's ideas for the Mustang for the '04 redesign based on the LS / T-bird platform. I've heard that it might have only a 3.9l dohc V8! Ouch!!!!

------------------
1993 Conv. LX 5.0, Air in the tires, Fuel in the tank, Put the top down, Floor it till it breaks!
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 11:24 PM   #9
mustang marty gt

b stang it was on the msn news page tuesday. steve2000ss if you can't read my post ?then don't. simple enough , my keyboard is kinda screwed up right now gotta get anew one, so bear with me ok.

------------------
Old 10-04-2001, 08:59 AM   #10
Streetracerer2k1
Registered Member

Sup all,

I heard that the camaro was only not going to be here for 02 and that it would come back in 03 with more vette like features, sry forgot wich mag i read it in

Steven
Streetracerer2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote