MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2001, 05:49 PM   #1
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

Post ANYONE LIVE NEAR SAN JOSE?

I was just wondering how many people are from my neck of the woods. actually I don't live in San Jose I live in Santa Cruz. what tracks do you guys go to? and where is all the street action on the weekends.
CAMARO GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 07:13 PM   #2
GTGrl00
Stang Chic Extraordinaire

Smile

Hey Camaro Guy,

I live in Hayward, I guess about a 30 or 35 minute drive from SJ, depends on traffic but I'm sure you know what I'm talkin' about.

Well the only tracks that I know of are of course Sears Point and if your willing to drive a little ways, theres always Sacramento Raceway. I autocross my Stang in Sacramento at Mather Airforce Base, I have an event next weekend (it will be their last event for the season).

If your interested in autocrossing you can check out their website www.americanauto-x.com. Alot of Chevy guys attend thier events. Anyway welcome to the board.

------------------
Yours in SPEED=======
Mandy aka GTGRL00
2000 Mustang GT
GTGrl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 11:20 PM   #3
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Actually, I live in San Jose. And the racing spots are either in the Monty 500 (Montague Exp.) and Bailey, I go as often as I can.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - K&N, March Ram Air & Pullies, 73mm C&L MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 1 5/8in Equal Length Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2in H-Pipe w/hi-flow cats & Flowmaster 2 1/2in Cat-Back Exhaust, FlowTech Cut-Outs, Nitto DR's, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Pro-Shift Lite, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, PowerSlot rotors, PowerMaster 140amp Alt., LX lights, Cobra R hood w/SVO scoop, Saleen spoiler, Cobra Bumper, 3in chrome tips.
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:01 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Smile

hey camaro guy i don't live in cali , obviously, but i have been to san diego ,oakland go raiders , & frisco 2x when i was in the navy , me & my wife drove from tn to oakland,go raider's .sorry i'm a raider's fan ,can you tell haha but we were impressed ,with the scenery in your area, what year camaro do you have ,just curious? i used to have a 69 rs i was the 2nd owner, but it's long gone now i wish i still had it it had the fold down rear seat option, but that's history. later.

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:26 AM   #5
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

what up guys,
I will have to drive out to montague some time and check it out. I go there alot to skate at the vans park in milpitas. I will actually be there tonight, but probably not to much action on a wednesday. oh and Marty(I think) I have a 95 Z28 it only has a k&n fipk for now but I do have other plans for it. I definitly want to go to the track and get some base runs down so I know how much I gain from future mods.

Later
Old 10-10-2001, 01:28 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Smile

cool c- guy my car is 00gt bone stock till that damm warranty run's out, i do have plan's for it then,or i would not have given my oldest son my old ripping red 69 grande, but he does have to reimburse me a little, all i asked him for it was a set of bullet wheel's & flow's a good bargain , for the 3,500 i spent on old red but he would have gotten it sooner or later . later

------------------oh yeah i am marty i wanted the user name crazy horse but could not get it, without adding gt ,my favorite indian chief , that's why i get so p.o.ed i have cherokee & chickasaw blood on both side's of my family , but i chill ,just as fast as i get mad , well take it ez,

[This message has been edited by crazy horse gt (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 01:56 PM   #7
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

LOL you crack me up marty. glad we can finally get along. Are there no mods you can do that won't void your warranty. that would suck not being able to mod your car. I can't wait till i have the money and time for my next mods. but first I need to get tires. My balding crappy dunlops don't hook for sh!t. I even have the crappy 2.73 gears and it still gets loose going into second and its an auto.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:56 AM   #8
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Hey CAMAROGUY, have you ever been to the Monty 500? If you haven't, it's a cool place to go to every so often. There's like 200+ cars out there streetracing, no joke. About 75+% import but it's all good. If you want to roll sometime just email me. We can roll with me, my friend (95Z28 M6) and my bro (94 LT1 Caprice/Impala Clone) and whoever else.

About baselining your car, my brother's girlfriend ran a 14.4 @ 98 (2.5X 60') in hot weather/humidity (Close to 90deg) at Sears Pt. with traction control on bone stock in her automatic fully loaded Z28 w/T-Tops on her first time ever to a track.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - K&N, March Ram Air & Pullies, 73mm C&L MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 1 5/8in Equal Length Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2in H-Pipe w/hi-flow cats & Flowmaster 2 1/2in Cat-Back Exhaust, FlowTech Cut-Outs, Nitto DR's, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Pro-Shift Lite, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, PowerSlot rotors, PowerMaster 140amp Alt., LX lights, Cobra R hood w/SVO scoop, Saleen spoiler, Cobra Bumper, 3in chrome tips.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:02 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Smile

camaro guy, yes i would rather get along with people, than not , what size wheel's do you have? if you have 17 inch or bigger, don't get the goodyear gator back's they really suck, two of them blew out the sidewall's before i ever got 10, 000 miles on my car.

------------------
Old 10-12-2001, 05:14 PM   #10
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

Hey StreetStang37, how long does it take you to drive to sears point from san jose. also no I have never been to the monty 500 when do people go out there. maybe this weekend I could check it out.

later
Old 10-13-2001, 03:11 PM   #11
StreetStang37
Registered Member

To Sears Pt. it takes about 1 1/2 hrs. I plan on going to the montague street races in like 2 weeks. I want to get my car painted first.

------------------
Old 10-15-2001, 07:04 PM   #12
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

let me know when you are going and maybe I'll see ya out there. btw looks like you have done quite a few mods to your car. What times does it run?
Old 10-16-2001, 08:38 PM   #13
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Well, the times weren't too great I ran 14.9@95 first time ever at the track and my only run. It was hot weather (90+) and the track was damn slippery, I thought "Im at a track so traction shouldn't be an issue"...I was dead wrong. It's worse. I got a 2.6 60' time (remember, only one run). Also, I didn't really know how to heat up the tires (never practiced smoking the tires, I know now) and my last excuse is I was waiting for the shift lite to light up and it never did (wire was loose) and I was shifting at about 5600 (too high). With street tires I do run even with my friends 95 Z28 6spd (some mods) and I plan on going to the track again but sears pt doesnt open again untill March 3rd and Sacramento raceway doesn't allow anything over 90decibels at WOT on wed night drags (friend has removed cat-back). So there you go! But atleast when I run against my friend and we run even I tell him his car is a 15 second LT1!! HAH!

------------------
Old 10-17-2001, 11:32 AM   #14
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

damn all those mods and only a 14.9
I'm just kidding, I'm sure it has more than that in it. not that i'm one to talk cause I have never been to the track. we should definitly hook up sometime. again let me know when you're going out to montague or if you are ever going to the track.