MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-06-2002, 10:00 PM   #1
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default My weekend surrounded with RICE

Well, I went to a "car show" with my girlfriend this past weekend. She told me that it was a general show where all cars were welcome. It was in Carlisle PA so we left saturday around noon and arived around 5:00 pm. As I came off the turnpike and merged onto the main strip, my mouth dropped. Before me were 5 or 6 rice burners. All with big wings and massive body kits.

So I got onto the main drag and proceeded toward the fairgrounds. Traffic was bumper to bumper the whole way. All of the cars coming the other way were imports. Honda's, Acura's, etc. I didn't see ONE domestic. I asked my girlfriend what the deal was and she told me that the show was the import compact nationals so I was like "great, I'm glad I brought the stang". We met up with her cousin and her cousin's boyfriend (he was showing his early 90's delsol). The show ended at 8:00 that night so we decided to wait outside of the fairgrounds for our friends. Saturday night was totally insane. Everywhere I looked I saw an import. All of the hotel parking lots, fast food places, gas stations, EVERYWHERE!!

Sunday came and we finally got to go in the fairgrounds to see the show. There were so many "imports" (4000 or so). Bright color paint, deacals, graphcs, loud exhaust...the whole deal. We walked around and just looked at all of the cars. Some of them were actually nice...not done up too much. One o the highlights was seeing the SVT trailer. They had a couple SVT Focuses there and they also had a 2003 Cobra in mineral grey. I snapped a few pictures and was about to be on my way when these two kids walked up. The one kid was looking at the engine bay of the Cobra and said to his friend "Hey, you know what that it?? I think it's a supercharger" I wanted to turn to him and tell him that he was right and that it was a supercharger but before I could, he said something else to his friend... "Wow! Look at this block. It's all aluminum" At that point I walked away because I didn't want to turn to him and say that the block is not aluminum and prove him wrong in front of his friends.

The rest of the displays were pretty bad. Everyone was selling decals or gauges, or exhaust. The swap meet was a joke. Maybe 20 items for sale that's it! The other highlight was this 2002 Cadillac EXT that came rolling in. It was black and was riding on... 24's I looked at his tires and they were 305/24's WOW!!! Oh yea, he was pulling something with this Cadillac. A Ferarri He even had a decal on the EXT that read "official Ferrari tow vehicle".

Other than the SVT display and the Ferarri, the weekend was pretty lame but I'm glad that I went. The worst part about it was that there were people handing out rice tickets that drove rice themselves. And a few people that had nothing but appearance mods had stickers that said "GOT RICE?" Isn't this a bit hypocritical??

Today I washed the stang to get all of the bugs off. As I started it up to pull it back into the garage, I smiled to myself. Hearing that distinct V8 rumble is music to my ears. I went to that show and kind of understand imports a little better now but I won't trade anything for my little stang. I don't need a wild paint job or a big wing or 20's. I have my AMERICAN Mustang that is black, mean, and fast (well not fast yet but it's getting there) Just thought I'd share a glimpse into the other side...

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:48 AM   #2
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

he he ......just think of me ........i live right outside of carlisle.......with all the traffic and carlisle police handing out tickits like candy .....i wasn't going any where near carlisle

out torwards mechanicsburg (rt.11and rt.114)it's a pretty infamous place for street racing .....i spent fri, sat night out there defending the mustangs honor......most of the cars out were just all wing no go...........there were a couple of fast one's out .......but none of em managed to embarass me .........good thing my friend brought out his stang ,his was fast enough to surprize the compitition ..........

.....i got to play the instigater>>
"oh so your cars fast hah"......"well pull up next to that red stang over there "......."what do mean no"......"i thought you said your cars fast ".........."got any money to back that statement up "..........."naa thats not a blower thats just his power steering pump whining"..........he he .....my friends stang runs low 11s high 10s .......i was having fun
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 09:38 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

you are just mean old guy playing with those dumb rice heads like that, shame on you

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 04:35 PM   #4
Tod
Registered Member

dang, sounds like i Stephen King book/movie. "Rice EVERYWHERE" *shuuuudder*

"Honey, did you bring the bug spray?"
Old 05-07-2002, 06:03 PM   #5
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Guy with 87 GT
he he ......just think of me ........i live right outside of carlisle.......with all the traffic and carlisle police handing out tickits like candy .....i wasn't going any where near carlisle

old guy, yeah look for the white balloon, right? haha
Old 05-08-2002, 08:41 AM   #6
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1

old guy, yeah look for the white balloon, right? haha
he he .......lol
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

Old 05-08-2002, 09:01 AM   #7
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
you are just mean old guy playing with those dumb rice heads like that, shame on you
he he .....i only target the one's that i hear talking alot of smack .........i actually know alot of rice guy's and alot of em are pretty cool ........
the ones i like to pick on are the types that put 5or6 grand into there car to get it to run 11s-12s ,then go out to pick on stock v8 cars and think there high and mighty because there highly moded 4cyl can beat n/a v8s .........there the types that i like to mess with........
it was cool ,this weekend i got to pick on a couple of ricers that have been talking alot of smack ........."what do you mean a mustang put you in the rearview "......"i though you said your car was fast" ......"and you spent how much money to see a mustangs tail lights".....ha ha ha >actuall conversation with an rx7 mazda guy that thinks his cars the sh*t
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

Old 05-08-2002, 09:11 PM   #8
mike_navigator
Registered Member

I hate ferraris so the weekend for me would of sucked i would have stayed at the SVT part or laughed at the ricers
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote