MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-06-2001, 12:34 AM   #21
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LeadSled1:
I've seen one Cobra auto. It was special made for the guy. He had lost one of his legs in an accident.

jess
Shhhhhhh!!!

Don't tell the guy who sold me my car for below cost because his left leg didn't work right (accident).

------------------
AIM: Some97Snake
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:58 PM   #22
DaveB
Registered Member

Cool

BS, BS, BS....good thing I'm wearing my boots here in the snow in MI.

No one out there has a 5.4 in a 94 Cobra from Ford. Not that came out of Dearborn Assy, anyway...

And Ford will not just build whatever you ask for if you flash some money at them. However, any good shop WILL!

Dont believe everything you hear.....
DaveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:10 PM   #23
Mad Horse
Registered Member

DaveB I have to dissagree with you. My friend has an 89 Grand Prix with a supercharger in it. Nothing too special..it wasn't a GTP or anything...supposedly some race car driver ordered it that way from GM and when it came in he didn't want it no more and the dealer was selling it for the same price as the other Grand Prix so he bought the supercharged one. I think if you have the money you can get a lot of things done that aren't original factory options. I don't know about all the ones mentioned above but who's to say?

------------------
88GT 5-speed
Bolt ons:Ram Air, K&N,
PS91 coil, Accel Cap/Rotor, 190lph Fuel pump, Pro 5.0, March Pullies, DynoMax Cat-back, 16" Ponies, 3.73 gears.
"Nip it in the Bud"
My Mustang Homepage

Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #24
trustispain
Registered Member

Default Re: automatic Cobra?

i came to this foruum to find out more about the cobra autos, but know one has heard of them, interesting like it was said "the guys who think they know it all" i have title in hand a factory 91 mustang cobra gt automatic. yes it is true i will post a link to pics of the car and title later.but in the mean time if the cobra fan dont believe me call ford to check. the car is not marked with cobra but it is a 235 hp motor like the cobra, and the title says mustang cobra gt. and it its a stock motor and transmission. they only made 2000 per year like them.. but for now till everyone does know i will look somewhere else to find more info. i dont mean to piss anyone off, i am a cobra fan myself and i didnt know till i bought this one.
trustispain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #25
Jayme
12 Sec Stock Motor Club

Default Re: automatic Cobra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93SVTstang View Post
I know this is not about street racing, but I figured somebody in here would have the knowledge to answer this question. My cousin and I got into a big arguement tonight because he said that you could get a Cobra from the factory with an automatic, I tried to convince him otherwise, but he was convinced you could get one because his friend owned one. He is know for his b.s., but is it possible that a 94-up Cobra could have an automatic from the factory? By the way...he owns a 35th GT vert w/ 18in Saleens.
------------------
93SVTstang-93 Cobra: 80mm MAF, K&N, 8mm plug wires, shorty headers, off road h-pipe, Borla Cat-back, centerforce clutch, hurst shifter, 3:55s

To my knowledge, a 94-up cobra with an automatic "from the factory" is a Fobra. Fobra = Fake Cobra. Ive never seen a 94+ Mustang Cobra with an automatic FROM THE FACTORY, ive seen plenty of SWAPPED autos in 94-04 Cobras at the track here in Houston.

1990 Mustang LX
12.16 @ 116.65mph
My NEW MustangWorks Page

1990 Mustang GT -Sold-
12.996 @ 104.21mph
1.72 RRs, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Kirban Regulator, BBK Headers, BBK Off-Road X-Pipe, MAC Cat-Back, ASP Pulleys, BBK 70mm TB/EGR, BBK Cold Air, 3.73 Gears, Hurst Short Throw, King Cobra Clutch, 4-Cyl Front Springs, BBK Rear, 90/10 Struts & 50/50 Shocks, Lakewood Lower Control Arms and Weld Draglites.
My MustangWorks Page
Jayme is offline   Reply With Quote