View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I also agree with you about the BS about the 5.0L being a dog. I know one post thats up right now on this board that I think you are also referring to. I am not sure if comments like that come up because there are some 4.6 owners tired of being told they drive cars with "weak" engines or what? The 4.6L 2V is not a rev happy engine, even with its OHC's, like some people have said. I also saw a lot more BS, but elected not to address it in an attempt to not start a flame war. But now I agree with you in addressing the false info because we need to make sure that we are informed Ford owners, not just riceboys who think our cars are the greatest just because they are newer then something else. I don't think you are trying to single any people out, just trying to make aure that false info isn't being pushed around.
I have owned a 91 LX 5.0 5spd, and currently own a 97 Tbird 4.6L auto. In my driveway are also a 4.6L 99 GT and a '01 Lightning (brother's and Dad's cars respectively.) So I feel I can relate to both engines with experience to back it up.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote