View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
SleeperGT
Registered Member

Default Bad Racing Bust Need Advice

Bear with me as the description of the road I'm on is tough to describe. I exit off a raised highway and the exit I get off of ends up turning into a very sharp U turn underneith the support structures of the highway I came off of. I basically exit down off the highway and end up doing a U turn between the concrete structure which supports the highway above. Now I'm basically driving down a road with a 30 foot high wall of concrete on each side of the road. I figure cool, let me see how my exhaust sounds and I give it the gas up to about 45 mph, and the car does sound sweet. This is only about 200 yards of straightway and ends in a stop sign. I stop, make my right turn and am going about 10 miles an hour when a cop comes flying around the corner in front of me, blocks my car and jumps out and when I ask him what's up he actually doesn't have an answer, he just sort of starts to stammer. He finally gets out that I must have been going 70 mph back there. I tell him there no way I was. He heads back to his car for about 15 minutes and eventually comes back and give me a ticket for, "Racing and spinning the wheels from a stop". Those are the exact words on the ticket. I told him there is no way he saw me, because I sure as heck did not see him, and he did not pull me over from the rear, he actually came from around the corner in front of me. I said he must have heard something but could not have seen me doing anything. I think this ticket is so bogus because 1. there were no other cars even in sight of me so how could I be "racing" and 2. I never even came close to a stop in order to spin my wheels. I know he must have heard me and I'm sure it was pretty loud from echoing underneith the highway and bridge structures. Anyways I'll be taking this to court, any opinions on what I can expect?
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's