View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 02:12 PM   #1
SleeperGT
Registered Member

Default Battle of the Sleepers! Serious Little Beemer - What Gives??

So I'm coming home from the airport last night and as I exit up onto the highway home for me (9A for those folks from Jax) I give it the gas for a little fun, as this is one of the only curves on Jacksonville roads. I've now merged on the the highway and there is no traffic out and all of a sudden I see lights jump up on me from behind. I can tell it's some sort of sports car as there appear to be a decent set of fog lights on which are low to the ground. I drop her down a gear and punch it figuring I'd toast who ever the dude was. I wind it up to about 120 and god bless the car is still right on me. We come up on traffic and I slow her down and move over a lane to see what it is.....holy cow it's one of those little tiny BMW convertibles. I'm almost possitive it was not an M roadster because it didn't have the quad exhausts or steam roller tires. We drop it down to about 60 and and we're heading up the Dames Point bridge now (huge suspension bridge for those not from Jax) and both give it the gas and we run up to 130 or so. I can't pull on him and he can't pull on me. What the heck?!?!?! I'm pretty sure this was a new 2003 convertible and I think it comes stock with a 3.0 6 cyl with about 230 hp. The car looked completely stock from the outside (no exhaust mods, or wheel or tire mods). The guy driving the BMW gives me a huge grin and thumbs up before he exits, which I of course return. Has anyone else had a similar experience with these little BMW's?? I would have expected this from an M roadster which comes stock with over 300 hp in a car which would fit in my trunk. By the way it was very nice to see someone driving one of these BMW's for what they're worth, they really are awsome driving machines.
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's