MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   beat both of my brothers 2-0 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=37304)

sdd228 06-16-2003 08:34 PM

beat both of my brothers 2-0

hey there,
well my bro jim (jimmyd) got his new hot rod and i wanted to run him. so on the way back form my parents house we caught ourselves a red light. here we go...hearts pumping hands sweating...Green...i punch it he punches it. we're even through first and second, just when i shift into third i think i started to pull a tiny tiny bit because i shifted before him and he was proly still spinning, then when he shifts he misses third...i know its gay but ill take the win!!!
Another brother, another weekend, he just bought my brothers other mustang (89 lx convet. 90,000 mi.)(everything i have except cats) were in the highway going about 60. i show him 1, 2, 3 with the fingers, we hit and i practically start walking away from him. i dont know what the difference is in cars besides the weight difference. Do you think i just have a stronger motor. (80,000 mi.)
Gosh its nice to have two brothers with stangs(stang loving family)

1jimmy__d 06-16-2003 08:56 PM

well, good win, a win is a win no matter how you do it! i beilieve you failed to mention the 3 races prior to that from 50 on. Here's the story.

as we are driving on the highway an opening approaches as a car pulls to the side to let the fast and furious pass. i feel a bead of sweat roll down my brow as we are about to punch it from about 50mph. my throat is dry as we make eye contact and wait for eachother to take off. I let him get a milisecond head start then ounch it in third. Right off the bat my car jumps forward like a bat out of hell. pull one, two, three cars within seconds before we kil it at about 100mph. Same thing happens two more times with same results. last race our other brother is riding a new triumph 950 (i think) bike in front of us the whole time. I pul away from my other brother and start to pull on the motorcycle going 100mph! I'm thinking holy crap this car is fast as hell top end, until.... my brother actually gets on it and walks away to 140mph with a simple flip of a wrist!

it is true that when we raced from a stop, I missed third and he pulled away, obviously. BUT a win is a win. The good thing is that i was even from first and second with 3.55's and spinning like the spin cycle on a washing machine! No question i wil beat him by almost a full second in the 1/4!! Nice driving sport!

Ackbar00 06-17-2003 06:39 AM

Lets see, If I raced my brothers mustang, I would need the Hubble Space Telescope to see his tailights. And that would be after I put the turbo on!:D

Glad you two are having fun:cool:

lx mike 06-17-2003 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ackbar00
Lets see, If I raced my brothers mustang, I would need the Hubble Space Telescope to see his tailights. And that would be after I put the turbo on!:D

Glad you two are having fun:cool:

what he run? pro 5.0 class?? :confused:

Ackbar00 06-17-2003 02:42 PM

It went 9.98@139 before the 76mm turbo, before the 347 R block, before..... Its a fair sized list. We hope for deep into the 9's at close to 150MPH