View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #2
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

well, good win, a win is a win no matter how you do it! i beilieve you failed to mention the 3 races prior to that from 50 on. Here's the story.

as we are driving on the highway an opening approaches as a car pulls to the side to let the fast and furious pass. i feel a bead of sweat roll down my brow as we are about to punch it from about 50mph. my throat is dry as we make eye contact and wait for eachother to take off. I let him get a milisecond head start then ounch it in third. Right off the bat my car jumps forward like a bat out of hell. pull one, two, three cars within seconds before we kil it at about 100mph. Same thing happens two more times with same results. last race our other brother is riding a new triumph 950 (i think) bike in front of us the whole time. I pul away from my other brother and start to pull on the motorcycle going 100mph! I'm thinking holy crap this car is fast as hell top end, until.... my brother actually gets on it and walks away to 140mph with a simple flip of a wrist!

it is true that when we raced from a stop, I missed third and he pulled away, obviously. BUT a win is a win. The good thing is that i was even from first and second with 3.55's and spinning like the spin cycle on a washing machine! No question i wil beat him by almost a full second in the 1/4!! Nice driving sport!
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote