MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Beat a viper, kinda long... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=9768)

jerryIII 07-10-2001 12:18 PM

Beat a viper, kinda long...

The wife and I went to the local cruising spot last nite, on our way home, about 11:30, we are noticing how little traffic there was. sitting at a red light minding our own business and an RT10 pulls next to us, aftermarket exhaust and tinted windows. I was thinking, what a nice fk'n car.. I throw him a 'howdy' rev, he rev's back (twice).. My heart was racing, I knew he wanted to play..

The light goes green and we both burn em off the line, I get the jump of about a 1/2 car length, but it didn't last long, he was 5 cars ahead in no time.. I wasn't disappointed, I knew I did'nt have a chance. he pulls into a McDonalds parking lot and we follow.

we both get out of the car and shake hands, hell of a nice guy. After talking street racing and cars for a while, he tells me, he wants to run me again, this time, no-holds-barred..

I thought there is no way, but what the hell (I'll turn on my new N2O and lower the pressure in my new drag radials, just to see what happens).. He tells me, if I beat him, he'll give me the title to the Viper.

I kicked my wife out of the car, threw out my speakers and any other weight I could find. we look at each other and say, "lets go"..

We line up at a light, wait for it to go red, (i turn on my N2O), and we wait.. It seemed like an eternity, my heart was racing.

The light goes green, I hit it (a little softer so the tires don't spin) and I launch, I look back and he's spinning but starting to hook, I slam 2nd, the stang is runnin mint and screamin, 6000 R's, I hit 3rd gear and I jam the throttle, N2O here we go, holy **** , 6000 4th gear, red light and the race is over. I look over, I had him by 1/2 car..

I can hardly believe it, I WON... we pulled back into McDonalds and my wife is just standing there like she's in a coma... she can't believe I beat a Viper... the guy gets out of the Viper smiling, he has the title in his hand, congratulates me on a great run, and starts filling in the title info.. The only thing he asks is a ride home (which was on our way)....

He finished writing the info and handed me the title, I apologized to him for taking his car, but he knew how excited I was, he looked at me, winked and said, "how do you think I got the car". We both smiled and he handed me the keys, I opened the door, sat in the pilots seat and turned the key....

Just then my fk'n alarm clock goes off, sh*t.

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

gears (4:10's) coming soon. N2O, soon to follow!!!

#1 Pony 07-10-2001 12:46 PM

AWE!!! Man... LOL!!!
That was great!!

69fastback 07-10-2001 12:53 PM

I was like hell no jerryIII is full of $hit. lmfao funny as hell story I love the ending U had me on the edge of me seat. That was kewl. lol

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

DaTank 07-10-2001 01:06 PM

I have to respond to that! That was a great story, and you had me going. Sometimes I get a little lethargic here at work, and that got me a laughing.
Good one
Brad

------------------
1991 Mustang GT Conv.
Removed silencer, K&N air filter, Cobra manifold, 65mm TB,
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 180 thermo., Mac headers,
High flow H-pipe, Force II W/2 chamber Flowmaster,
Hurst Shifter, 3.55 gears, subframes

07-10-2001 01:26 PM

LMAO - great story. I had a feeling that what I was reading was either BS or a big joke! Good one - but that would've been real sweet.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)

topless tire fryer 07-10-2001 02:50 PM

Dang, my dream had his hot gf in the car too! Great story.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.

1BAD89 07-10-2001 02:56 PM

Nice story, been to the track yet?

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter, PRO 5.0, Subframe connectors, Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor, moroso battery relocation kit, strut tower brace, 4 inch harwood cool hood, autometer phantom gauges

http://www.geocities.com/i8ur

Rev 07-10-2001 08:38 PM

I was about to scream BS, but then the alarm clock in the story went off and I knew it was only a wet dream. Yeah, right, the wife in the parking lot guarding the speakers and then congratulating you on the win after you kicked her out.......hmmm.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.

Fox Body 07-10-2001 11:42 PM

LOL Great story man. (but I must admit, when I got to the part about the title, I knew it had to be just a story, so I scrolled the page to where my eyes couldn't wander and mess up the ending).

You should write some more on here, seriously. http://www.mustangworks.com/msgboard/biggrin.gif

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday) http://www.mustangworks.com/msgboard/cool.gif

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

NYC1 07-11-2001 11:07 AM

Man.. U KWAZY!! http://www.mustangworks.com/msgboard/rolleyes.gif I believed that story till the title part!

I thought you were going to say he pulled out his badge and read you your rights!! http://www.mustangworks.com/msgboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
94GT - GT40 Intake & Heads, 65MM TB, BBK Longtubes, Strut tower brace, K&N, 3 chamber Flows, Hurst Shifter, Cobra R's,

Fostang 07-11-2001 03:20 PM

Why can't I have dreams like that????

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s

foxbodied 08-01-2002 03:39 PM

nice story i knew somethin was up when the title came up. NYC1 i thought that was gunna happen 2 hahaha!!

The Deuce 08-01-2002 04:04 PM

Foxbodied, how bored are you today. This thread is so old, there are things we don't even do anymore on it.

Nice find though, I really enjoyed it.

srv1 08-01-2002 10:10 PM

this thread is over a year old. who brang it back?

tireburner163 08-01-2002 11:15 PM

dude, I wanna say that think is so old in was posted on the old board.:eek:

1hot5.0 08-01-2002 11:58 PM

Awww man, too bad it wasn't real. :D I bet you wanted to hit your alarm clock with a sledge hammer. Great story.

red82gt 08-03-2002 02:52 PM

I was about to say someone told this exact story a year or so ago,...