MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   beat by a type-R (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24114)

05-22-2002 01:28 AM

beat by a type-R

My friend and i were out looking for a race to videotape on my new recorder. and we say two guys in a white Integra type-R. we followed him for a while after playing follow the leader. his car was hard to keep up with so i was getting scared. Then came a stop light, we both hit the red and looked at each other and took off after he gave me a wave "buy". I kept up with him through first and second then third he started to pull on me by the end of third he jumped a full car on me then shut down. it was a tough one to swallow at first because i thought it was just stock but his license plate said "2 LTR R". and my friend said that engine is a 1.8 so he slowed down and we asked him. and he got a bigger block and heads and said he's running 13.40s that made me feel much better and the guys were cool.

92redstang 05-22-2002 02:18 AM

Ive got beaten by an Integra but it wasnt R, it was gsr but they said there car was faster then a type r, type r'ds only have like 190 hp stock, the only reason I was beat is because I have an automatic transmission, and mine wont let me go past 2nd gear anymore, it has almost 200k miles on it, I need a new one.

KillerStang 05-22-2002 10:33 AM

the type r is faster than the gsr stock

95mustanggt 05-22-2002 10:43 AM

I can never tell what an Integra Type "R" is anymore. Every dam import on the frikin' road is a Type "R" :rolleyes:

89 Cobra LX 05-22-2002 11:25 AM

I saw a type R Nissan Stanza yesterday.:rolleyes:

05-22-2002 01:59 PM

I saw the guy again the other today, and so i asked him about his car. He has the CRVTEC engine in there. what he did is he took the block off the honda CR-V, and swapped his type-r head on there. I dont really know why he would want to get rid of the type-r engine itself. but my friend told me that the CRVTEC is better than the type-r engine. its got a little better displacement and with the type-r head and cams and whatnot its supposed to be a whole lot faster(probably around 230hp).

Coupe5oh 05-22-2002 01:59 PM

Oh yea, i seen a "type-R dodge stealth" lol, really, it had the chinese stickers too lol.:rolleyes:

95mustanggt 05-22-2002 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 50DAVIDLX
...(probably around 230hp).
That is a whole lot of power for an N/A 4 banger! Even the "sensational" S2000 only puts out 240HP!

Are you sure there is not 40 HP in that "Type R" sticker on his car?

92redstang 05-23-2002 12:15 AM

thats an unfair race if he has little more hp then your mustang stock and he has a fwd and his cars a hella lot lighter. O well

RED92LX50 05-23-2002 10:26 AM

I don't even like the stupid "R" they painted on the bumpers of the 95 Mustang Cobra R I saw in the latest 5.0 magazine. If I had that car, the first thing I would do (well after a really long burnout!) would be getting those stupid stickers off there.

Torinalth 05-23-2002 10:01 PM

you can do a lot with an import. the teg type R also a LSD to assist with launch and of course the weight factor is there too. I'v taken a type R, but he was stock. you have stumbled into the rarity. you will barely ever find an import that is fast, but there are those that go around with a bunch of power in a light frame. just get a blower and you will put him in his place :)

Torinalth

Smokedawg 05-24-2002 05:54 AM

I got passed today in my Blazer by a 199* Sunfire, on the back lid it said TYPE-R...

92redstang 05-24-2002 08:18 AM

haha, that looks so damn tacky. All type r means, is that the owner does not feel comfortable with the current car they have so they have to slap a type r sticker on it to make it feel faster.

Mora 05-24-2002 04:04 PM

Dont feel bad. The CRV-Vtec head is very powerful for a 4-cyl.
I have a friend that has the 1.8 liter block with vtec head, cams, ECU, pistons running a 13.2 on street tires. I know it is a lot of money to only run a 13.2, but its funny when he runs with V8s and kills them. He is putting 210 at the wheels. So I would safely say that the CRV block combo would put like 220 with the right combo.