MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 02:37 PM   #1
Outlaw4Shrt
Registered Member

Question best supercharger?

I don't know if this the right forum or not, but I'm lookin to know what the general consensus is on the best supercharger out there for a stock 1999 GT? I'm thinkin of gettin the intercooled Procharger P-1SC but I haven't seen to many teams that support it. Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2001, 03:54 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I think you have to define what "best" means to you.

Blowers like Kenne Bell give awesome torque and power from low RPM's, but a blower like the Vortech may provide better traction when launching.

What type are you interested in?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 09-20-2001, 04:37 PM   #3
Outlaw4Shrt
Registered Member

Honestly, I can't say I know exactly what type to look for. I've been basing my research solely on how much of a horespower gain I could get from the addition of the supercharger and reliability.

Best to me would mean a system that would be durable enough for me to put between 100 and 200 miles on the car everyday and still be able to take to the strip on weekends and (hopefully) take it under 12sec. in the quarter consistently. There's a lot more I imagine that I need other than the charger that would allow me to do that, but I figure the addition of a charger would be the best place to start and then work from there.

I have zero experience with actually working with the car but it's something I've been interested in since I was a kid. Any tips on where to start would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2001, 04:42 PM   #4
Kevin Price
Registered Member

I think you will probably get a better response to your question over in our Modular Madness forum. Good luck and welcome to Mustang Works.

Moved to Modular Madness

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: