MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2004, 03:48 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Question To Spray Or To Boost??

Well, my 2000 Stang GT has taken a turn for the wicked. After blowing the motor and going all out, I found out that it did nothing but spin horribly at the blip of the gas, so a full drag suspension was in order. Well, before even getting that on, I shredded my carrier in the rear axle.

With the Auburn Pro, Moser Axles, and New Ford 4:10's finally here, my Mustang is about to head back to the lab for the second phase of its transformation.

The third phase is about 4 months from now...and probably the final. It consits of 8pt cage, light wieght racing seats...a diet (Weight shaving where ever possible..while still looking as factory as possible)..Weld Drag Lites, skinnies and fatties...

And the last item on the phase 3...Power Adder. I'm still debating on what to run.

1. Spray (150 shot...Dont know what system)
2. Centrifugal Super Charger (Novi 2000)
3. Roots Super Charger (A saleen unit)

I'm leaning towards the Novi 2000 with 12lbs of boost. Looking for 550 Rearwhp... I want to see low 11's in Fayetteville.

Lots of my friends are saying 150 shot..though I like the blower method.

What system of Spray would you all reccomend if I do decide that route? Pro's and Con's?

This car will only be driven a maximum of 3 days out of the week..probably mostly only 2 (The weekends).

Paxton Novi sound like a good choice..or does Vortech make an equivelant blower thats cheaper? I dont know how Vortech rates there stuff. Any help there would be appreciated.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Most of the Serious Nitrous guys I know all use the NX wet kit for the strip. For a street car with occasional race I would use a simple dry kit. as far as blowers go the saleen would be good for street driving and occasional strip use.. The NOVI or Votech with 10+ lbs of boost would be my first choice.

Nitrous pro's - initially cheap, use only when you need it.
Nitrous cons - nitrous backfire, $35 - 40 to fill a tank. ( adds up )

Blower pros - lots of power and up gradable to more boost. can resell easily.

Blower cons - initial price compared to N20, too much boost and you need forged internals.

Saleen / KB blower Pros - Instant power 0 - 6K

Cons - Cost $$$$
Old 07-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
cswatlanta
Registered Member

Go with a KB blower. You will need tall tires or 3.73's. There's too much gear with the way that makes power and 4.10s
cswatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:27 PM   #4
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

I'm a blower fan, and it sounds like you're serious about your ETs.
I think you got it with the Novi.
The KB kit is really hot now .... great for the street but if you're looking for 500+ rwhp the NOVI is the ticket.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Well, I already got the forged internals, and the cams for the RPM range.. I am leaning towards the Novi 2000.

With all the work me and my friends have done to the engine, I think 540 RWHP is a realistic number.

This car will be mostly for short driving on weekends, and Drag Strip..Probably 40% Drag, 60% Street.

Thanks for the input you all. Now I gotta get diffrent injectors and another Mass Air...Anyone want a Pro M calibrated for 24lb inj, and a set of FMS 24lbs???? Actaully, guess I should hold on to them till I get the blower.

Now to figure out fun stuff like what kind of fuel pump to run, and such related stuff. I'll also have to look for a GOOD, REPUTABLE place to get a dyno tune.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 10:49 AM   #6
explicitone
Registered Member

I say go with
novi2000

oh and mercury
let me know if you want to sell the maf and inj cause by the time you need to sell them I should need them and have the cash for them.

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:19 PM   #7
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
Now to figure out fun stuff like what kind of fuel pump to run, and such related stuff. I'll also have to look for a GOOD, REPUTABLE place to get a dyno tune.
Tried True Blue Performance?
I know they used be awesome. I haven't kept up with them in a while ... moving and such.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote