MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Biggest Race I've Ever Had. 440vs302 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=19808)

Skyman 02-21-2002 01:35 PM

Biggest Race I've Ever Had. 440vs302

Well let me give you a little background on the situation. In this small town where no one knows how to build a motor correectly my car has been the fastest car in town for the past 2 years. Ive raced everyone and always won. Everyone thinks its way faster than it is, and they are always tryin to build something to beat me.

Anyways this highschool kid with a very rich family has a 440 GTX. His motor/trans cost 12,000 to get built! Its a stroked 440 with the whole edelbrock combo, heads,intake carb etc. The car was running 12.9@116 on street tires!

Anyways since we began setting up a race between us basically for bragging rights of the fastest car in town, his parents gave him 2,000 to try to beat me. Well this weekend he went 12.54@118 on street tires!

Now here comes the tricky part. He refuses to race me on N20, and insists that it is cheating. I saw I get 1hp of n20 for every cu in he has on me.

So should I race him all motor, we have identical times, but he has way more HP. Should I race him and spray an 80shot and just not say anything, or should I say **** you I'm running n20 don't be a little *****, and run 150 shot? Or should I try and do something to make my car faster all motor? But I dont have a lot of money.

Motor to Motor we are IDENTICAL!
12.54@107.4
12.54@118.x

This is going to be a huge race as if I loose my car looses its reputation! I can't loose!

Skyler

StoplightWarrior 02-21-2002 02:53 PM

Well, the way I see it, you have 2 options. Since you both have identical times without you spraying, option one would be to stay off the bottle, and simply try to out drive him.

Option 2 would of course be to spray him and beat his ***.

But then again, if this guy is as rich as you make him out to be, what's stopping him from buying an N20 kit for his ride? Then you might be in trouble. I say just tell him no nitrous, and beat him the fun way, by out driving him. Good luck!

DRASTiK 02-21-2002 03:01 PM

What are the ground rules for the race? Obviously he doesn't want you to spray, but what else? Street tires only or are slicks allowed? Is it just one run, and winner takes all, or two out of three, etc?

The other thing to think about is this. If you beat him on motor, is he going to scream and say you sprayed on him anyway? The only way to keep that from happening is to take the bottle out in front of him and everyone else as witnesses.

Try to get the race on video. I know we'd all like to see it.
Dave

Coupe5oh 02-21-2002 04:36 PM

I assume his car is auto? you will kill that beast out of the hole, I do know how rowdy the BB mopar can be though,

I say race n/a, have your switch ready to arm if he starts pulling you....:D racin's chasin....on the topend noone will see if you blow bye him, and just deny that you sprayed....just race and post;)

Ponycar_302 02-21-2002 05:38 PM

Don't do anything. You already have the fatest car and have proved it time and again. Nitrous is one of the things that have made your car fast. It's part of the total package.

He races by your rules if he wants a shot at the title. To be the man he has to beat the man. :D

blue00gt 02-21-2002 06:00 PM

That's like telling you to just stick the tip in. It's your car vs. his and your car has nitrous, plain and simple. You bought it and installed it and why the hell wouldn't you use it? It's just a power adder and I don't see anybody asking people to remove their turbo or supercharger before they run. Tell him 'Run what ya brung'.

lx mike 02-21-2002 06:02 PM

wow this could go so many ways. where is this race going to be? on the street or at a track?? what tires are you both going to use?? whats to prevent him from using a nitrous system??
all he has to do is put slick on his car and he'll walk you but if he is on street tire and your on slicks then good race and i'd say to practice on your reaction times.

RAGE_5.0 02-21-2002 07:33 PM

he goes by your rules because u have the title. if he doesn't like it then say no race. then he can only be #2

red82gt 02-21-2002 07:49 PM

RUN WHATCA BRUNG!

Tell him that if his car is as bada$$ as he says it is then he shouldn't mind a little spray. Call him out and refuse to go naturally aspirated unless he pulls off one spark plug wire to make up for the difference in engine size.

Or just wait a couple weeks until the rich kid wraps his car around a light standard and then you won't even have to race him to retain your title.

tireburner163 02-21-2002 08:33 PM

Run what ya brung!!!!

He's got a BB, you've got a 302. Spray isn't unfair.

StoplightWarrior 02-21-2002 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by blue00gt
That's like telling you to just stick the tip in.

What exactly does that refer to???

venumus93 02-21-2002 09:26 PM

line 'em up!

Dude,
If he wants the title, he runs your car, not your car less some parts! Go kick his ***** with your car the way you made it! Let us know if BB boy is scared of a little 302 whuppin'!!!!! Later!

Beavis 02-21-2002 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ponycar_302
He races by your rules if he wants a shot at the title. To be the man he has to beat the man. :D
EXACTLY!...

Or, if you want to be nice...just spray it when your close to losing =)

SaleenGTS 02-21-2002 09:43 PM

Here is what I see. You ran a 12.54 on slicks....he ran on street tires. Disadvantage. he will whine. "You have slicks, let me get slicks" 118 vs 107....100-115hp difference. 440 vs. 302, BIG torque difference. Not to smash you, but his car IS faster N/A vs. N/A.

I say that you SHOULD be able to spray him. We are talking about who has the fastest CAR in town, not who is the fastest N/A. Where is this punk, I want a piece :D

Stangrrr 02-21-2002 10:22 PM

Another vote for "Run what ya brung!" That's the name of the game in street racing.

Just tell him that your car is set up to run on the spray & not N/A (ie gears, tune up, etc).

If he's afraid that his stroked 440 isn't enough ($12,000++!!!), then that's his problem!

Milktasd 02-21-2002 10:23 PM

yeah

I agree with SaleenGTS. Race with the spray. Or do it for free and do it both ways. Do you have to bet $2000, too? I MIGHT bet $20 on a race, but never $2k.

pxcr_600 02-21-2002 10:49 PM

HECK YEAH

Heck yeah spray him, if he can spend 12 grand on a car like that and is worried about a 302 that is sad. If he was smart, he would buy mustang, and buy a ford crate motor BB. 512CI, 600 HP N/A, with only 9.5 compression. Dummy he is. Messen with that old mopar crap. If he is worried, that shows that he is going to be nervous, phsyc the heck out of him, thats the name of the game. He ain't got a chance, run him motor, and if he starts pulling arm and fire. Work on his brain and you wont have a problem!

Sideways LX 02-22-2002 12:58 AM

TIme to bust out the DSC....ditchfield speed secrets..jk. Whens this happening?? Ill drive up and check it out. Maybe your cousin will let me drive his car.

MetalHead 02-22-2002 04:30 AM

Just tell me this, who's got the title? YOU DO. If he wants a shot, you make the rules. You spend years puttin this car together and he just breezes in with his parents money and thinks he can buy the city title...not how it
f***ing works where i'm from. Tell this kid that once you get off the line you're gonna spray the whole 150 shot in his face, and if he doesn't like it, then there's always second place. Nuff said.

Smokedawg 02-22-2002 07:40 AM

Spray away...