MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-28-2002, 03:03 AM   #1
polara7777
Registered Member

Talking Bike payback!!

I thought this was just great!
There I am on my way home from work the other nite, I get off work about 10pm and it's a 20 minute ride on the highway home, cruising at my usual 95mph on the lil ninjette when 2 big bike pull up behind me. Just sit there a minute and then zip by me, no wave no nothing! (The riders in here will understand.) One was a Yamaha R1 and the other was a Kawi ZX-11, so yeah they're gonna dust me. I speed up a lil more to see if I can even try to keep up, nope. So I stay at about 100 till I hit the big road work area where I notice the 2 bikes up 2 cars ahead of me stuck in traffic. We get through all that and they get off at my exit I get behind em and it's me in the rear, them and a neon with a big sweeping curve coming up. (almost a 90 degree turn only curved) I jump out from behind them and blow by them and the neon noticing the kawi jump out after me first then the R1, I'm hoofing it for this corner with both of them crawling up my arse. i slow to about 60 hit the curve, lean, and crank the throttle. Half way through I'm doing 70 through this curve (kinda scary actually, I loved it!) in the mirror they both slowed WAY down for the curve then turned off shortly afterwards!! Yes score!!! I felt so good about myself. Yeah they can smoke me in the straights but come find me in the twisties where I can throw that lil 250 through the corners!!!

In other bike news I rode my dads big 79 GS1000S for the first time tonight. What a blast I love that bike! We traded back later and he served my *** to me on a silver platter but it was fun.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Woohooo!! Good job! It's really all about the rider! Even though I'm not known to ride the twisties, not many here in FL, I love the feeling of laying that bike on it's pegs going through nice steep curves! Anyone can go fast in a straight line! WTG!