MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2001, 03:39 PM   #1
cravnpup
Registered Member

Post Blew the doors off a modded Dakota

Ok, Ok, before you guys start throwing flames, let me just say, I know this really wasn't a fair race, but I thought it might be when it started.

What I mean is, I was driving up the highway, and out of no where I hear this badass sounding exhaust, and I see this Dakota pulling on the highway very quickly. I thought to myself man, he's got to be blown or juiced or something cause he had all kinds of attitude like I was nothing to him. It was dropped, dual exhaust, rims, etc. so I'm thinking, is this going to be it my first defeat, and to a truck no less...WRONG... When we finally got into an open lane I saw him make his move (he was driving agressively in front with me tailing) and I dumped it to 3rd at about 70, I immediately caught up to him and by the time I hit 4th I was long gone (8-10 cars). I shut it down as we approached more traffic, he gave me a thumbs up and I let him go on ahead. I do have to admit, he had a fast and intimidating ride for a truck, but he was no match for the GT...

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N, Mobile 1, MagnaPack Cat-Back, Steeda Tri-Ax, GW Subframes.
ET: 14.26@98.9
cravnpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 10:16 PM   #2
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

It's normal you blow the doors of Dakota.

My buddy has a nicely modified R/T 5.9. Stock that thing drags a 16.0 ET. He modified his (lowered, exaust, chip...) down to 14.6. Now that is nicely modified.

Well your stock GT conv. can pull 14.5 stock easy.

Wasn't a very hard target.

Good job though.

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT
>> 13.698 @ 101.2MPH - BONE STOCK, yes BONE(even air filter) stock.

"I can do anything, I'm the Lizard King." - The Doors
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 12:21 AM   #3
FivepointOH
Registered Member

I always liked the way those dakotas look lowered and with rims and all dodge trucks sound bada$$ i think, loud as hell. Nice run.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 12:43 AM   #4
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Absolutely,

Chrysler has design vehicles that either you want to throw up on (neon, PT cruiser) or love (Charger, Dakota).

Nevertheless I would still rather be shot than by another Chrysler.

To bad those R/T's are automatic though...

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

>> 13.698 @ 101.2MPH - BONE STOCK, yes BONE(even air filter) stock.

"I can do anything, I'm the Lizard King." - The Doors
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 09:34 AM   #5
cravnpup
Registered Member

I do have to say that the thing looked pretty sweet, although I don't really see the point of a lowered truck?!?!?! What really caught me off guard, and made me think he had something special was how fast he got into traffic and how mean the thing sounded... All I know is the guy seemed like he thought he could take me, and I was like, "NO Way am I loosing to a truck" (lightnings excluded)...

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N, Mobile 1, MagnaPack Cat-Back, Steeda Tri-Ax, GW Subframes.
ET: 14.26@98.9
cravnpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #6
88GT5.013.02

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Dodge either, even though my dad worked there for 30 yrs (except for the viper). But there is a guy at my dad's work that (my dad works at the Connor Avenue Assembly plant, where they make the vipers and prowlers) that has a '94 Dakota that has like 500 hp to the wheels. It is a Vortech blown 318 and has a ton of work to heads, intake, and has a healthy cam. The guy said it pulled that, but my dad didn't see the dyno sheet. My dad seems to think that if it does have that much power it is a 360.

My dad drove my car into work one day and asked him if he wanted to go out and race at break. The guy started to stall and said no. Before he was talking trash about my car until he heard my dad drive it into the parking lot. BTW he only ran 13.xx but he had a big mph so I think traction is a problem.

If he does have that much power though, ouch that would be a hurtful race.

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, ported GT-40 iron heads, ported Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, best run so far on ET streets is 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft.
Old 01-05-2001, 03:42 PM   #7
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

was it a new stlye or a older stlye? my buddy has an older white one lowered that goes allright..they need shift kits thou..

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 04:28 PM   #8
88GT5.013.02

If you are referring to my post, it was an old style. It has a 5-speed manual.