MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Default Blown 331 vs. CBR 600

I was out for a quick drive last night just enjoying the sound of the motor...had some music playing, and I saw 2 street bikes heading up one of the main roads in front of me. I missed the light to catch them, but turned at the light and took a shortcut through residential, gambling to head them off on the major road that traverses across. Sure enough, I turn out onto the main road heading out of town towards the highway and the last set of lights...and they are about 1/2 mile behind me. The light turns red and I knew something was gonna happen...

Bikes pull up beside me...one is a CBR 600 f2i I think, and the other was a ZX9 with a passenger on the back. On the right on the shoulder of the road ahead as a minivan which we all presumed to be photo radar, so we eased away from the light once it went green.

The guy with the passenger was responsible and just drove along nice...but I got on the gas in 3rd around 45 mph and stabbed it for 2 seconds or so. The CBR caught up and turned to look at me, then gave me the wave....so again from 45 I laid into it. The boost came on pretty quick and he didn't even hang with me when I hit it...it was all Novi from then on. I can't even guess but I pulled at least 5 car lengths in 3rd gear alone. I wound it up to 6000 with the rear tires BARELY hanging on, then nailed 4th and took it up to about 115 mph...and shut down...he was WAY behind me.

This was on a very straight, empty, and 4 lane highway.

After I hit the brakes he pulled up beside me with a huge grin on his face, and we did it again. The 2nd time I wound it out a bit more and almost tagged the limiter in 4th.

We got back down to speed (well under the limit) and he yelled over "that thing runs hard!" with a huge smile on his face. I found a spot to turn around and honked and gave him the thumbs up and he gave it back.

Very cool biker and a good start to 2004

Most of my tune is dialed in now...showing still in the high 10's on the wideband for A/F with 20 degrees timing, but the power is definitely there. If I don't ease into the gas and give weight some time to transfer, it can smoke the tires clear through 3rd gear up to about 90 mph. I can't wait to hit the track!

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:36 AM   #2
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

You`re killing me! I get my car back today or tomorrow at the latest. How much boost are you running on the novi?
Sounds wicked quick. Gotta love playing with a rice rocket

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:54 AM   #3
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

jonnyk - I just looked through your site and you've got a great setup on your Mustang! Very nice.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:33 PM   #4
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Thanks guys. I just got my gauges from the bus depot today so I won't know how much boost I'm seeing until this weekend...but it definitely comes on hard from down low and pulls very linear and hard!

Should be at the track in a week's time as well...

Mods Pics
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote