MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Default Blown Cobra

I am in the final stages of getting my 99 Cobra supercharged. In that, I mean, I have finally pulled the money together. I decided to go with a Vortch supercharger that claims to be able to boost up to 490HP with the aftercooler. Sure this is $6000 without cost of install, but hey, when you want to do something, do it right. Right? I'm putting on a Borla cat-back also. Anything I absolutely need to not blow myself up? I seem to talk about this stuff a lot, but know only a fraction of what I should. I'm still learning. Any hints??

Oh yeah, I want to put the Cobra R windsplitter front facia on after I supercharge. Does anyone know the cost of installation and painting of stuff like that, on average??

Hey thanks guys for your help!! If anyone wants, when I'm done with the mods, I'll post a picture.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote