MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-06-2003, 05:50 AM   #1
5P0INT0
Registered Member

Default Clear tail marker lights

I ordered a pair of off road clear tail lights. Along with it I ordered some of the clear bumper side markers. But for the life of me, I can't find a clear middle break light lens. Is there one available? Or are people just happy with the corner tail lights and bumper markers being white and the center break light staying red? Thanks in advance for any info. Has anyone even seen a white center break light?
94 AOD GT 4.10 gears and Auburn posi, 3000 stall with a shift kit. Lower control arms, subframe connecters, Under drive pullies, Procharger running 9lbs of boost, 24lb inj, custom chip, Saleen rims running 295 on the rear, Bassani X pipe and Cat back.
5P0INT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:58 AM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I've never seen a white center break light.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 05:45 AM   #3
5P0INT0
Registered Member

Thank you Fox Body, thats all I needed to hear
94 AOD GT 4.10 gears and Auburn posi, 3000 stall with a shift kit. Lower control arms, subframe connecters, Under drive pullies, Procharger running 9lbs of boost, 24lb inj, custom chip, Saleen rims running 295 on the rear, Bassani X pipe and Cat back.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #4
Simi Stang

Default whoa

Sounds a little ricey...

Last edited by Simi Stang; 09-08-2003 at 06:34 PM..
Old 09-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #5
5P0INT0
Registered Member

Ouch, I hate rice rockets... My mustang is still very stock looking, and I like it like that. I wasn't planning to change my tail lights. I went out to wish someone a happy b-day and when I got back to my Mustang 30 minutes later someone had decided to do some custom body work on it for me. He kicked the rear passenger quarter panel in so bad it creased in a few places. He then kicked my passenger rear tail light, trying to break it I suppose. All's he ended up doing was scratching the sh*t out of it. So after $1000 to repair the rear quarter panel I am still having to shell out more money for a new tail lens. One from Ford is about $300 or more! For a pair of after market lens, about $400. So I thought what the hell, it'll take some getting use to, but it might look good.

Your definition of a rice rocket is a little screwed up anyways

My definition of a Rice Rocket: 4 or 6 cyl engine, without a muffler going to a nice shiny exhaust tip, sounding just like a blender . Lots of "R for Racing" stickers, and a big unruly non-matching spoiler, oh and the godly ground effects kits that utilize chicken wire in all the air dams!!

I don't think my totaly plain, stock looking silver Mustang, with chrome 5 star sallen rims, bassani exhaust, and white tail lights will look "ricey" at all.
Nor does it sound "ricey" lol
Old 09-10-2003, 01:42 PM   #6
Simi Stang

Default still...rice IMO

Quote:
Originally posted by 5P0INT0
Your definition of a rice rocket is a little screwed up anyways
I wasn't defining what a rice rocket is. We all know what a rice rocket is. Just saying that in my opinion a Mustang should not have clear (or white) tail lights. That is rice. Nor should any vehicle in my opinion...like the newer Lightnings and some of the Acura & Lexus SUVs. Ridiculous that those lights are coming on factory vehicles these days. Just a trend. Any accessories that help make a 4/6cyl. lawnmower look like a rice rocket...are "rice". Believe me, I've seen plenty of Mustangs that look rice and still rumble like the 5.0s they really are. The clear corners on the front headlights are ok, but they are pretty small in size. I've seen some clear tailights on '87-'93 Mustangs and they looked horrid. At least the '94 tailights, like yours, aren't huge and go all the way across the rear of the car like the earlier years. Didn't mean to offend you...just had to share my opinion.

That frickin blows that someone decided to kick in your quarter panel! Any idea of who it was? Enemies? That bastard!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #7
5P0INT0
Registered Member

Just a stranger maybe jelous.... who knows....
Old 09-10-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
Simi Stang

Default darn

Quote:
Originally posted by 5P0INT0
Just a stranger maybe jelous.... who knows....
Man, that sucks! Makes you wish you could have stumbled upon the guy and then after beating him to a pulp...proceed to rev the hell out of your motor as a friend holds his mouth over a tailpipe!