MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-10-2002, 12:39 AM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Question performance boxter??

i was driving around today and i came across a boxter on huge rims and a wing on the back...looked like it was a professional upgrade..but i have never heard of porsche upgrading any boxters....anyone have any idea or was it someone just making it look really nice...heh...

also came across a foxbody lx 5.0 with larger tires, redone exhaust and a boost..heh...we took off from about 40 and i held up with him, he obviously didnt use his boost...hehe...its nice to every once and a while run into decent mustang it doesnt happen that often since im from Retirement Castle, FL

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 01:04 PM   #2
jj_jonathon
Trisket

im wondering if there are no replies because people just dont care about boxters? lol...i dont care them myself, but this one was interesting...someone on here has to know about the boxter though...not like porsche is crap!

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Old 08-10-2002, 01:16 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

As far as I know, there's only the Boxter and the Boxter "S". I've never seen one with a wing, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. I'm no expert on Boxters, but I've street raced a couple of them. The regular Boxter is not fast. I beat one of those by 15 car lengths or so. I raced an "S" on the highway and we were about even. He was gonna do a fly by and I wouldn't let him. He neither gained nor lost ground from about 50 up to a 100 or so. I tried to get him to go after that from side by side but he wouldn't do it. That's all the experience I've had with Boxters.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 02:36 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Hi-Po Porsche

jj:

The ricer mentality apparently doesn't stop with Honda's and Toyotas.

The Porsche Boxter S model comes with bigger rubber and suspension upgrades but the wing is probably aftermarket. There are plenty of suppliers that manufacture add-on's for even the pricy imports, like Porsche.

FYI: The Boxter S runs very high 13's with a 155 mph top end. For $58,000. MSRP one could do a lot better but Porsche buyers, like most exotic-car buyers, want the name, the status and the looks. The power and/or performance is optional to most of them.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 04:40 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

My next favorite car to Mustangs are Porsches. Although I wasn't (and still not) impressed with the Boxsters. I'm not a fan of there apperance and such. I love the GT2 Boxster. I seen a GT3 acouple months ago (Never even knew they were legal in Canada) it had got into a accident and was being repaired. It was at a shop that fixed Porsches & Audi's. Pretty cool stuff when you see like 10 911's and S4's and such. I've never heard of that package on a Boxster. I'm imagining a aftermarket setup he has going there. Either way I'll take a look and see if I find anything.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:46 PM   #6
jj_jonathon
Trisket

thanks for the input....i figured it wasnt a package deal, but i was making sure...with all the people here on mustang works usually in here somewhere is at least one person who knows what someone else is talking about...lol...so i figured this would be the best place to "look it up"...hehe...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics

Old 08-11-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

The GT2 and GT3 Sam speak of are 911's. The GT2 is one darn fast car.

I didn't see the car you are talking about, but I do know you can get a fixed wing for the back of a Boxster factory installed from Porsche. I've never seen one in person, but if you go throught the build your own page at porsche.com, you can see if you can build the car you saw. I know there are a number of different tire combinations as well on that, and companies luke RUF and AC Schnitzer do high performance versions of that car.

My hope is that you saw one of those, and not some riced our Boxtser. But you mentioned it looked well done, and that makes me think it was either factory done, or by a high $ German tuner. Hope this helps.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 08:09 AM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
My next favorite car to Mustangs are Porsches. Although I wasn't (and still not) impressed with the Boxsters. I'm not a fan of there apperance and such. I love the GT2 Boxster. I seen a GT3 acouple months ago (Never even knew they were legal in Canada) it had got into a accident and was being repaired. It was at a shop that fixed Porsches & Audi's. Pretty cool stuff when you see like 10 911's and S4's and such. I've never heard of that package on a Boxster. I'm imagining a aftermarket setup he has going there. Either way I'll take a look and see if I find anything.

§am.
Porsche Rocks. Very refined and nice cars. Of course you can't work on them like a mustang. I'm still young, want to learn and work on my own car, so for my MUSTANG IS KING!.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote