View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 02:50 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Default Bradenton: Bad News, Good News And a Compliment!

Well i can't make it to orlando so i went to test and tune in bradenton so here my day:

bad news is that i didn't get my 12 that i wanted

good news is that i did run 105 mph twice so i know i can get a 12 with betetr traction (SLICKS)

the compliment is that they said i am going quick enough that i need a helmet!

i goit to make 5 runs but the clocks fucked up first one so nothing there but next 4 was 13.376 @105.21, 13.386@104.4, 13.466@104.16 and 13.523@105.22.

only had once good race with other guy, against a c-5 corvette not sure what year in fact i didn't even know who i was running cause i had done a quick burnout and was staged and ready with rpm's up and only saw a blue car. Well i redlighted big time .222 reaction time, and i guess his wasn't too good cause at half track i was still in front but he started to gain on me and we was side by side through my 4th gear and he pulled about 1-2 cars on me. that was the 13.466 run so i felt pretty good cause later when i saw him run i saw he was running 13.0's @ 106 mph.

I took a lunch break and iced down the intake and let it cool off for 30 minutes and then checked tires and pressure was at 20 instead of my usualy 15, so i dropped it back to 15 and hoped maybe that why i wasn't getting any decent time but soon as i side stepped the clutch and hit the gas they just spun and i let off and shifted second and ended up with the 13.523. When i got my time slip the guy handing them out told me the tower wouldn't let me run anymore unless i could find a helmet, so thats when i decided to call it a day and head home. I need slick to run a 12 with my car cause the mccrearies can't seem to cut it or maybe i just need to work with them some more.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote