MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-06-2001, 11:42 PM   #1
gp001
Registered Member

Post Brothers X anihilate brothers H

OK, this is a copy of an e-mail I sent to the other members of my car club, but I thought it funny enough that you guys would enjoy. To give you some background, my buddy T's car is a 78 Vette, cam, heads, intake, Richmond 6 speed, susp mods, Dr. gas X pipe, 17" TT2's, etc... We joke that I have the Ford version and he has the Chevy version of the same car(see my sig). Also, my car is painted with black epoxy primer and then a clear coat - everyone jokes it looks like Mad Max's car That being said, anyone who enjoys thundering, asskicking V8's will enjoy this story:

T came over this evening to give me a ride in his car (since I did not get one when we finished building the exhaust this weekend). After the high speed demo, Stef & I drove Pony behind T's Vette so we could hear what it sounded like (Sounds great, especially at high R's). After coffee we were heading up Valley View (in traffic) when this Honda jumps on the gas from the right lane to move into first spot in the center lane. I immediately jump on it in 2nd from the left lane to close in behind him, followed closely by T. At the next light (Valley View & Lincoln) the Honda was 1st in the center lane, while Me & T were 2nd & 3rd in the left. There was also a second Honda in the mix now. The first Honda (white) began reving his bee hive, follwed by a thunderous clap from T, and then a thunderous clap by Me. Then Honda 2 (black) pissed off his bee hive to get into the mix. We take off and T and I pull into the center lane and the white honda pulls into the right, IT'S ON !!!!! At the light I rev it to about 2000 and at the green I ease off the brake. The tires immediately spin and the car pitches to the left. I let off, feather it, and tear off. I hit second, look in the nirror and I see T behind me and the Honda WAAAAAAY back (I thought he let off). At the next light I pull into the left lane, followed by T, and the black Honda moves up in the center lane with the white one in the right. The black Honda got a little antsy and moved forward when the turn light went green. He went to back up and I yelled "I'll give ya that much". At the green I hit about 1/3 throttle from idle, spin the tires (a little), feather it, take off, take it to mid 5000's, shift 2nd, take 2nd about midway, look in the mirror to see T behind me and the 2 Hondas WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back. As they drive by the white Honda gives us a nod, while the black honda wouldn't even look over. I thought they had not raced us, but T said they were on it and even screeched the tires on take off. How pathetic. They must feel like real assholes to get killed
by a 2 car V8 (X piped) freight train.

To make it even funnier: When we left for coffee I was wearing my prescription SUN glasses. I forgot to bring my regular glasses. So during this whole thing I'm driving the Mad Max mobile, wearing my
sunglasses, at 8 something at night. All I needed was a black hood and a sickle.

------------------
347 (Coast High short block), 279/284, TFS TW heads, Stealth, 750 Holley, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, March serpentine pulley system, Art Carr C-4 (Soon to be a Richmond 6 spd), Currie 9" w/3.50, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, Total Control subframes & tower braces, Trans Am Racing power dual master, 4 wheel disc, 17x8 Torqthrust II's
Something up my sleeve
In a 66 coupe
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote