View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
INVINCISTANG
Registered Member

Default Buddy Just Bought a 98 Cobra.....

His brother has a 2000 Camaro SS. The Camaro has intake (lid), Loudmouth exhaust, new mass air-flow, and DR's. The Camaro runs 13.3 to 13.6 at 108 - ran a best of 13.11 at 108

The Cobra is stock.

He raced the Camaro SS and it made him look like he was standing still. Put quite a few car-lengths on him.

He brought the Cobra over and gave me a ride. He burnt some rubber with it and went through the gears. It was my first time in a Cobra and only my third time in a Stang.

I will say I was impressed with the interior. Very nice leather. The stereo was nice too. It was weird because of the way you sit - much more upright and different than the low-seated position of the LS1.

The Cobra was quick, revved all the way to 7 grand. You could tell it wasn't as quick as the LS1, but I'm sure with some mods he can get there.

All in all I will say that the Cobra is a VERY nice car (coming from an LS1 guy). I still love the LS1, but I will definitely give the Mustang props. I just like American Muscle and I despise any form of RICE.

(I can't imagine the 03 Cobra - it's going to be a stock-LS1-@$$kicker and a handful for modded ones too)
INVINCISTANG is offline   Reply With Quote