MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-02-2002, 12:42 PM   #1
BAleR
Registered Member

Unhappy Calling For Backup!!!need Help

okok, last night i was taking my friend home, and i got on memmorial to take him home, memorial in tulsa oklahoma is the place to cruise friday nights, but i had this stupid rice burner agrevating me so i ended up racing him. i sware, not but a quarder mile down the street a cop turns his lights on and pulls us both over. iv never been pulled over my whole 1 1/2 year of driving so i was very nervouse and didnt know what to do. so he pulled out about an 8th of a mile maybe a quarder of a mile behind me, so he comes up be hind me and i pull over and he just passes me and goes for the other guy, so i figure well hes just goin for him, so i start to turn arround in this parking lot and here he comes in the lot and shines his light in my car. so obviously YES he was pulling me over too. and man he is PISSED, he was screaming and yelling for my licens and this and that, to make a long story short, he gave me a cort date on November the 20th and i gotta see a judge along with my "racing buddie" i dont know what to do, i have to take my dad, and i havent told him yet, just need some advice, i know im probably screwed eather way, just need openions. thanks

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:16 PM   #2
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

hey baler tough break.. moral here is don't let anyone force you into a race..*** that riced pos he can do that wussy fly by Sh*T if hes a typical rice boy, but you ultimately make the decision rather not to humor this loser. so if your gonna play with fire ( street racin) you better be ready for the consequnces; be they good or bad....

never ever ever let a jerk get under ya skin, let alone some underpowered lawn mower on DOT's. your better than him, ya drive a real car . my only advice is bite the bullet an tell ya dad. my guess is he'll get pissed at ya for gettin the ticket but he'll respect ya for owning up to your mistake like a man rather than hidin from em like a lil kid.

been drivin for 6 years: no wrecks, no tickets, no convictions.. I set the race, i don't fall into em.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 05:08 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Prepare to get the book thrown at you. Might have been able to talk your way into a speeding ticket if you had stayed put, but leaving after you get pulled over is never a good idea. Tell your dad ASAP, since he is going to find out anyway.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 05:16 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

That sucks...but why are you racing when you drive a 3600lb 140hp ride? No offense, but what's the point? Your particular car is made for cruising, not for racing!

(I owned a 95 v6 stang, and I would routinely lose to explorers, 4cylinder accords, and integras, so I know they are not quick...)

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 06:18 PM   #5
BAleR
Registered Member

yeah i know what you guys mean, im gonna tell him tomarrow im just not going to tell him today because i know he wont let me see my mom as punishment, but i dunno about you but thats some fucked up punishment, he does that **** all the time, well thanks for your help guys, you kinda made me feal better.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
Old 11-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

Tell him, and when he says you can't see your mom, tell him to kiss your a**. Sorry, but that just ain't right.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:04 AM   #7
Green9550
Resident Redneck

BAleR,
Dude, everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect. Hopefully you will have learned from this mistake. I know what you mean when you were scared **** less though. I ran up on a state trooper racing an older 5.0. To make a long story short I got a verbal warning after about 25 mins of sweating. I know I made out a little bit better than you, but I haven't done anything that dumb since.

I think you need to chill out and just tell your dad as soon as possible. I also think you need to make your dad realize that you are getting older and WILL make mistakes, but will learn from them. Hopefully he won't be too hard on you, being this is your first **** up.

Take it easy man. Good luck.

-Billy
95' GT: 306, XL Ross Pistons, Ultra Lite H-beam Rods, Forged Scat Crank, 28oz Romac, 28oz JW flexplate, FTI ported RPM II intake, FTI ported AFR 165's, FTI custom cam, 75mm BBK Throttle body, 80mm Pro-M, 4800 PI stall, PA Super Comp AODE, Strange 33 spline race axles, Strange ultra lite spool, Motive lite 4.30's, Strange rear race brakes, Mega bite seniors, double adjustable uppers w/spherical bushings, Racecraft anti-roll bar, LPW rear end girdle, Metco d/s loop, A9L conversion, AFM PMS
Green9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 09:37 AM   #8
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Tough luck guy, hmm.... if it was me I would probably call my dad from a pay phone 250 miles away and tell him. That should give you a good head start. Hopefully he will understand. I got a ticket back in the summer and I was able to get rid of it without my parents knowing about it. But when I got into my accident back last December I had to call my dad. And he was pretty pissed off, he came around the corner squeeling the tires with cops and everything there. The cop was beside me and it went like this

Cop - Is that your dad?
Me - Yeh it is
Cop - He looks mad
Me - You don't know my dad, he's more then mad!
Cop - I think I'll go try to calm him down
Me - You better get someone to go with you
The cop just laughed and spent like 15 minutes talking to my dad. It also looked bad when my dad pulled up and seen 3 hydro trucks, 3 cops, 2 cop cars, lots of people and my van in someones front lawn. The morral of the story is, I'm still alive, my dad got over it, it was a big lesson to learned. No one was hurt. There was a RCMP Officer, a female one and quite cute too. She was talking to me and she's like this is the cheap lesson in life, aslong as you learned from it, you'll be fine. I ended up getting off of being charged with Carless driving. They knocked it down to failure to pull over safetly. So that wasn't bad at all.

Good Luck bud,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 02:04 PM   #9
BAleR
Registered Member

Unhappy

well thanks for all your help guys i already told him yesterday, and he wasnt that mad at first, but then i guess he started to realize and he started getting pissed by the minute. now he wont let me leave at lunch at school, and i have to go to his office after school and pick weeds? gay, well anyway i dont think it will be too bad, probably wont have to do this till i have to go to court on the 20th.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
Old 11-04-2002, 02:41 PM   #10
this is not cbring
Registered Member

do you pay for your car and insurance?

if i were your dad, you'd lose driving privileges unless you pay for your own car and get your own insurance (not off of mine).......that's how my dad would have done me and i turned out great

eh, you live and you learn.........i got a 54 in a 30 when i was 19, i've done well since......

good luck
Old 11-04-2002, 05:13 PM   #11
one
Registered Member

dammit, looks like you already told him. If you didn't or maybe you could use this on the judge up to you.

You were not racing, you do not race and you have no intention of racing. You happen to own a v6 mustang but thats because you have always liked how they look, and you own the v6 because anything more is a waste of gas. You were in a hurry to get your friend home so yes you were speeding. But racing no you didn't even know that the guy next to you was racing you. Heck you are just in a hurry and were speeding. That is how the rap goes in court.

Of course all of this depends on what you said to the officer as well. If you in any way said you were racing or anything to the officer that would let him know you knew you were racing that car kiss you license good bye and say hello to community service.
one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 05:48 PM   #12
20LbsBoost

BAleR,

It's very hard to swallow, but here's some good advice from one who knows. I've been on both sides of this fence.

Be honest to the judge and officer. When the officer writes the tickets he writes notes on his copy he'll take to court to refresh his memory. He'll write down comments that you made during your encounter. You'll most likely not remember incriminating statements you may have said when you were 1st stopped and if you contradict yourself in court they'll KNOW you're lying. Don't take the chance. Admit you did what you did and nothing more. Ask the judge for some consideration due to your age and the fact your father is with you and is dishing out his own form of punishment. Be humble, honest and remorseful.

As a youth I've had my run-ins with the law too as has most everyone here at some point. I've been a sheriff's deputy for 12 yrs now, going on 13 in January. Bad medicine is tuff to swallow, but it'll be over before you know it.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:13 PM   #13
tinner
Registered Member

Quote:
No offense, but what's the point? Your particular car is made for cruising, not for racing!

StoplightWarrior,
No offense, but if you think that particular car is just for cruising then why are you racing explorers, 4cylinder accords, and integras.lol

Quote:
(I owned a 95 v6 stang, and I would routinely lose to explorers, 4cylinder accords, and integras, so I know they are not quick...)
just messing w/ ya

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:15 AM   #14
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

And you wanted to buy a cobra or hop up that V6.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:02 PM   #15
BAleR
Registered Member

Unhappy

well thanks for all your help guys, yes i already admitted to the cop that i was racing him, and ill just be straight forward with the judge, ill have to be, but anyway, thanks for all your help guys.

p.s. i race my mustang because i look at it like this, better to **** up a little $4,000 v6 mustang then a brand new car, or something that im actualy going to put some money into, i look at this car as practice for something real.

-BAleR-
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
Old 11-05-2002, 10:39 PM   #16
vetteeatr
Registered Member

LOL. Man that sucks but consider yourself lucky belvie me it coudl have been alot worse. Im nto even gonan go into what happend to me but in a matter or 3 months i foudn out i had my license suspende which didnt know and got caught doing alto fo stupid stuff blew lieks ome crappy .015 which is relly realyl low by the way as i dont belvie in drinkign in driving. to lwo to even efect me.

Anyway i dont have my license for leik another 8 months and i havetn even been sentenced for my 12-14 freaking tickets that have been from over a year ago.

Coudl have been alto worse.

Also totaled my car and crushed a 2002 caddy. Ugly. Councilmansd wifes nonetehless.

By the way im not realyl taht crazy jstu probalyl teh most stressful time in my life gogin form everythign to less then ever.

Sorry for the typing lol

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:39 AM   #17
this is not cbring
Registered Member

*scratches head and swallows tylenol*
Old 11-06-2002, 12:55 AM   #18
Green9550
Resident Redneck

Drink a little too much too much tonight? I know the feeling.

-Billy
95' GT: 306, XL Ross Pistons, Ultra Lite H-beam Rods, Forged Scat Crank, 28oz Romac, 28oz JW flexplate, FTI ported RPM II intake, FTI ported AFR 165's, FTI custom cam, 75mm BBK Throttle body, 80mm Pro-M, 4800 PI stall, PA Super Comp AODE, Strange 33 spline race axles, Strange ultra lite spool, Motive lite 4.30's, Strange rear race brakes, Mega bite seniors, double adjustable uppers w/spherical bushings, Racecraft anti-roll bar, LPW rear end girdle, Metco d/s loop, A9L conversion, AFM PMS
Green9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:12 AM   #19
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by vetteeatr
LOL. Man that sucks but consider yourself lucky belvie me it coudl have been alot worse. Im nto even gonan go into what happend to me but in a matter or 3 months i foudn out i had my license suspende which didnt know and got caught doing alto fo stupid stuff blew lieks ome crappy .015 which is relly realyl low by the way as i dont belvie in drinkign in driving. to lwo to even efect me.

Anyway i dont have my license for leik another 8 months and i havetn even been sentenced for my 12-14 freaking tickets that have been from over a year ago.

Coudl have been alto worse.

Also totaled my car and crushed a 2002 caddy. Ugly. Councilmansd wifes nonetehless.

By the way im not realyl taht crazy jstu probalyl teh most stressful time in my life gogin form everythign to less then ever.

Sorry for the typing lol
Me thinks you were still drinking when you typed this...