MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2002, 12:33 PM   #1
coupe93
Registered Member

Smile Calling me out (long)

I,m being called out to a classic Chevy vs Ford 1/8th mile duel by a friend (ya I know he drives a chev) with a early 70s El Camino this Saturday at a local track. I,ve never raced 1/8th mile before but welcome the opportunity to hand Mr. Bowtie his @@. I,ve run mid 12s consistantly in the past in the 1/4 but with recent mods (elec. fan, draglites, removed sway bar) I should be running a little quicker. He is running a 350cid with small chamber heads, edelbrock intake, 750 carb, street strip cam, exhaust, and 4.10s w/ shift kit, but stall unknown) on street radials. He has never raced his car before but seems pretty capable behind the wheel. I really have know idea what this car is able to do but I have no choise in the matter because every day since last Saturday he's been leaving messages on my answering machine saying he's calling me and my pony out and he's gonna" run that black horse of mine into the ground". What does 12s convert to in the 1/8th ? Should I be worried by this challenge? Win or lose I will post the results.

P.S
I helped him install the motor and with body work, so I'm confident he isn't hiding any bottles in the trunk. This will be fun!
coupe93 is offline   Reply With Quote