Thread: camaro ???????
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2002, 01:22 AM   #9
KASR_Z28
Registered Member

Talking Even spread...

Tried to give even spread numbers - the lower of the two are obviously optimistic.

I agree with LFive - conditions and location play a large factor.
When I raced my first Z 94 vert with only panhard rod (only mod at the time and in no way effects time) I did a 14.2 and that was with those lousy 2.78 gears and speed limiter. I believe the trap was 98MPH - I was disappointed, but then again it was my first run. This was at Thunder Valley.
Tulsa Speedway, I run against my father's vette - my mods at that time included CAI, exhaust, !MAF, !TB, and only ran 13.99 first run, and then a 14.3 on the second run - third run, my engine started surging...never found out what was wrong (I wrecked the car 4 weeks later). My friend the same day was running consistent high 13's the whole time with his 96 trans am, which also has the LT1. His was a hardtop, so it had the 3.23 gears, and he had thrown a CAI in it.

Strayed from the subject alittle there, but wanted to share my experience with the LT1 and the times...again, I agree completely with LFive: conditions and location - the rest is up to the driver.

KASR

MODS TO COME: Hooker longtubes Jethot coated, Vigilante 3000 TC, cc305 cam, 1.6 rockers - and ???
KASR_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote