MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   CARLSBAD.... This SAT! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24613)

DRASTiK 06-03-2002 02:12 PM

CARLSBAD.... This SAT!

Myself and byrnech will be there and possibly a few other stangers we know. I just wanted to extend the invitation to the MWers. It's always nice to be able to put names to faces.:D

So, anybody else coming?

MidNiteBlu 5.0 06-04-2002 09:45 AM

I wish i could make it but i have to work. my friend from school with a black '68 chevelle will be there. Look for the one with a 5in cowl hood, last time he ran a 13.6

Later,
Nick

DRASTiK 06-05-2002 10:51 AM

I'll try and find him. What's his name? We should be a good race if he's still running around a 13.6. I'm gonna try and break the 13.4 mark that I got stuck at last trip. I didn't powershift and was on street tires. I don't know how possible it will be though as I was unable to get any good tires, so I'll just practice, test and tune and try for a 13.3. Most of my runs last time were 13.5's and 13.6's. With a 106 trap speed, it really annoys me, not having a 12 sec time slip. :mad:

SKY,
What's the situation with your car? I assume you're not gonna make it out this weekend? This will be my last trip out there before I move in July (probably), and I was hoping to meet some of the local MWers, but everyone's schedules are always different and that's just the way it is.

ByrneCH will be testing out his new 331 that has enough miles on it to be considered "broken in" now. He's just gonna take it easy on the tranny, and kinda wake the motor up a little bit. I'm sure he'll be in the 12's on a lazy pass.

Stang Runner 06-05-2002 11:52 AM

I hope you get a 12sec!!! might be hard with street tires tho But have fun!!!!!

Just a side not my friends Conquest got his in to do a 13.6 on street tires this week end Suprized alot of people!!!

DRASTiK 06-05-2002 03:18 PM

Nice!! Sounds like your project is coming along well.

MidNiteBlu 5.0 06-05-2002 10:47 PM

His name is John, pretty big guy with a goatee. I dont think he has done anything to his car but he might be trying out slicks but im not sure.

Later,
Nick

ed1371 06-06-2002 12:21 AM

Wish I could make it! Got some friends actually coming from San Diego to watch the fight this weekend.

My car is also slated for some upgrades, mid July I plan to start installing the Holly Systemax kit with a few other needed parts (injectors, bigger radiator, electric fan)

I figure my car wont be race ready until mid/late August...

Cant wait to see what she runs after (on full spray of course!)

-ed

The Deuce 06-06-2002 10:24 PM

Question

Will they let me run the bike if I bring it? If not I may just have to watch, no way I'm showing my face in anything else I own.
What time is all this going down?

DRASTiK 06-07-2002 09:48 AM

Yes you can. People run bikes there all the time.

Unfortunately as of yesterday evening, it looks like I'll have to work on Saturday. *$%#*$*%!! Anyways, Byrne will still be there with his 331, and it's supposed to be a nice day as far as I know.

To all who may attend, Byrnech will be in a black coupe with draglites on the rear and 10 holes on the front with a 2" cowl hood. Have fun.