MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-09-2002, 01:03 AM   #1
The Deuce
Registered Member

Unhappy Carlsbad track is a myth!

So I attempted to hit the track in Carlsbad this evening. I don't believe the city has one. I went to two different locations that I had found on the net for the place, and it wasn't in either one. What I did find:

One sweet green notch with drag radials.
Two Cobra's, one '93 one '01
About a half dozen GT's.

I eventually made my way up Carlsbad Blvd into the village to hang out for a little bit, so the trip south to north county wasn't a total waste.

Can somebody please tell me if this track really exists, and if so where? I think I'm losing my mind up here

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 01:47 AM   #2
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I know there is a track called Carlsbad Raceway. However i have know idea where it is as ive never been there. i wish i could help ya. I think it is kinda off the beaten path but i have no idea.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

It sure is there, some of my friends went.

I'll be going soon, so we should get a few of us together.

From the 101 take Palomar Air Port Road, go Inland (Right), about 4 miles untill you get to, I think industrial BLVD. Hang a left and you can't miss it.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 02:06 PM   #4
ricekilla
Registered Member

unless i have been on one big acid trip this whole time (and i dont do drugs) its there bro. i am pretty sure its in the city of san marcos. its only open saturday from 2:00 til 6:00 gates open at 1:00 pm. its pretty hard to find. i've ran there 10 times and i still takes me an hour to find it. get off on sycamore, then you'll go through 3 stoplights and you turn left on the 4th or 5th stoplight and you'll go through a industrial area keep going straight and you'll see the nippondenso spark plug factory on the left and a shopping center on the right. there is a dirt road right before the shopping center, that dirt road takes you down to the track. you can see the track from the street, its down in a canyon. make sure you bring a lifted truck cuz that dirt road gets pretty gnarly if your in a lowered mustang.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 09:36 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

So I guess by the time I got down there track would have been closed anyway. I think I am going to call the track office this week and get some info on it. Riceklla, you going off the 78? I got off 5 on Palomar Airport rd and went pretty deep into San Marcos before I gave up and went looking other places. Nothing I had said Industry Blvd or anything like that.

Skyler, if you keep the car off the juice, I think my bike may have a chance, unless I get lost again. (psst, what aren't you telling us about chris and tnt?)

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:39 AM   #6
one
Registered Member

You were going the right way I think you just passed it or didn't go far enough. You get off carlsbad airport road then you drive tell you pass El Camino Real. After that you are about 2 miles away. It will be on your left hand side. You will see a food court/ shopping center there now with has a gas station and Taco Bell that you can see on the corner. ( you can't miss it) You will turn left at that light. The second stop light it looks like a dirt road on your left hand side. That is it, go in there and pay you 30 bucks, then you keep following the dirt road tell you drive all of the way around to the pits. Good luck, if you call their number I think they have directions if not these will get you there and the other guy did give you directions from the 78 but they will get you there as well. 5 is probably easier if you have never been there and are not from around there though. Gates open at 1pm but I think that they are stayin open later now due to summer time.

One
one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 05:29 PM   #7
ricekilla
Registered Member

yeah, i'm going off the 78.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: