MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cars on your Revenge List (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=39917)

Fox Body 10-26-2003 08:10 PM

Cars on your Revenge List

Now, I know there has been "Hit list" thread on here b4 (probably a year or 2 ago) but I dont think a revenge list. This thread was inspired by 46stang's thread about revenge being sweet. :D

Any revenge lists out there?

1) Mine is one GN that beat me about 2 years ago (I stopped and talked to him and he said the car was running 12s int he 1/4).

2) Another is this '73 Mustang I see every once in a while around here. That car is no joke. About 2 years ago, we were line up at a light, but I wasn't gonna race him cause a patrol car was sitting at the light on the other side of the road (going opposite direction a few cars back). Punk wouldn't even look over in my direction so I could point to the cop and postpone the race a few blocks down the road. He just took off. Every time I see him, which is not too often, he always gets down on it. To tell the truth, it looks like a low 13 sec car (say, 13.0 to maybe 12.9), so he'd beat me anyway. I'm running mid 13s on a good day.

Can't think of anymore right now (I have gotten beaten more than 2x, :D just can't think of anymore right now, or just don't care about the GN that was about to beat me when in mid race, my fan broke off (since I already beat 2 GNs.... or the corvette that beat me when I had the 2.73s (since I already beat a C4 vette).

Any other revenge lists (personal experiences....)??

Stang_Crazy 10-27-2003 02:44 PM

My buddy's '00 Camaro SS. We raced a while ago when he was stock and I was N/A with only gears, exhaust, and DR's. We went three times from a stop and all three times I would get the jump (DR's) but after the launch, he couldn't catch me. All three times we went to the top of 4th gear which is where I used to cross the 1/4 at.

So we ran three times with the same result...I would jump him and hold him off. His front bumper would be at my back tire by the end of the run. To make things sweeter, his girlfriend was in the car for every run!

You're probably asking "If you beat him, why is he on your revenge list?" Well, after we were done, we grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant where another friend worked. At the restaurant, my buddy (with the SS) kept saying how I DIDN'T beat him and how he had bad launches and I shut down too early and blah blah blah. His girlfriend didn't say a word. She never spoke up to say I was victorious ALL THREE TIMES.

I let him drive my car this summer after I put the blower on and he was poo'ing his pants. He had a few friends with him but didn't have his car. I told him I'd drive him to his house and pay for his gas if we could run em.....he refused. He knew I'd spank him but didn't want to get embarassed in front of his friends.

I'm STILL trying to get him to run me again but he won't. One of these days, I hope I catch him driving that damn car so I can shut him up once and for all, and I hope there are witnesses.

Skyman 10-27-2003 06:02 PM

Only race Ive lost was to a early 70's el camino w/ a small block stroker and nitrous on slicks. Beat my *** twice in a street races for $40.

scsmooth 10-27-2003 09:43 PM

My friend t-bird, the last day i had my 85 stang. i race him lost by about 1/2 a car.

and by other friend 92 lx (12 sec car) the was hell. i lost bad that day too.

gtjeremy 10-28-2003 07:30 PM

the car on my revenge list would be a modded 1980's beamer. this car had about 10k under the hood and ironically was my old boss from work. needless to say, he smoked me by about ten carlengths before slowing down. i was very emberassed-i probably should have known better b/c i knew that it was souped up to all hell beforehand.

jonnyk 10-28-2003 08:44 PM

Mid 80's Monte that I raced going uphill. I was spinning through 1st and 2nd and he didn't keep going. I know I would have nailed him in 3rd gear because I was only back about a car length. Followed him for a couple miles after and he wouldn't line up again from a roll. BOO!

fastang 10-29-2003 03:21 AM

If I still had my 95...I would like to run the Ferrari Maraleno(sp) again. I found a new one on the 91 freeway before I did the heads/cam/intake swap and this mofo left me sitting there like I was standing still. Im talking burnouts going 80mph on the freeway. Id like to have my 95 with a 150 shot and race his azz again.

sedanman 10-29-2003 11:52 AM

I don't really have any revenge but I have been dying to get a good run in with a viper.

Oh and ezridn after he does his H/C on his LS1.

ArtMan 10-29-2003 04:39 PM

One day

One night in 1990, I had owned my brand new stang for about a month and met up with a Corvette ZR-1. It had just rained heavy and the road was wet. Well I was on the highway and he came up behind me. I brought it up to about 110 and he came along side.

I was really nervous about crashing the car so didn't push it any further. He just nailed it and took off from 110 and was gone. I backed down. Well 13 years later and 300hp added to my car I'd like to meet him again (on dry pavement).;)

Skyman 10-29-2003 04:56 PM

Fastang- I see you lost the hyundai and got a stang again

fastang 10-31-2003 04:28 PM

Yeah, I even made a whole post topic asking you how you have been! lol

stanger9219 11-01-2003 02:22 PM

definately that viper rt-10 from my other post...and this kid who drives around in his daddy's corvette Z06...ill put them in their place some day.

OKC03Cobra 11-01-2003 07:30 PM

There is always someone faster. Even if you have an 03 KB Cobra with nitrous there are supercharged vipers and Z06's that are faster. Just depends on how much money you are willing to spend. And of course driver skill is an important element.

Dave_mustang_50 11-02-2003 12:41 PM

After January, I`ll be looking for an older white Vette, I ran a while ago and he walked me baaad.
Note to self : Bald drag radials dont hook like slicks.

Mercury 11-02-2003 03:22 PM

Hehehehehe...When My 2000 GT gets back on the road...Heads will roll here in Fayetteville.

1. A black Bullitt GT. He's going to go down. Infront of as many people as possible considering he talks trash about my Driving SKills (Which far far exceeds his and lots of others), and my car because its just a lowly GT.

All he has is a Stock Bullit with some Bolt Ons. Similar to what I got, but he's got headers...Whoppieee.

2. A Blue SS Z/28. Dude says no matter what you do to a GT, they wont beat him....I'll have to show him wrong. He's gonna be another notch on the Fender.

And the Otheres I cant mention just yet...I will later...hehehe.
Even though I'm not building anything special other than exactly what I had before, They both drive like retards and will be easy prey.

Ackbar00 11-02-2003 10:43 PM

I have never lost a race in the stang, no shitt. Not that I get much of a chance. Most people puss out. I get in 5 time more races in my SHO, than the stang:cool:

blue00gt 11-03-2003 03:20 PM

I want revenge on a Neon SRT-4. Raced him on the way to FFW at LACR. I let him take the jump from about 70 and he got out about a car ahead. I stopped his pull toward the top of 4th (4.10 gears) and started to really pull on him when I put it in 5th. For some reason it popped out of 5th after a second and by then it was too late to make it up because we were coming up on traffic. Bastard wouldn't go again when things cleared up.

84gt347 11-04-2003 03:47 PM

there is a little fart in a civic in my hometown that cut me off in traffic and then pulled a hard right into a movie parking lot. Much rice on the car, including the really high airplane wing. You can tell he thinks his shizznit doesn't stink. i was in my golf at the time. I would love to let the stang have him for lunch. It pissed me off when he cut me off. I had my family in the car. My kids heads dont stick up high enough for people to see.

gofastmercury 11-15-2003 01:00 AM

There's this GN around here that I have raced with 3 differnt cars, not the comet, and has kick my but. I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me, but I remember him! I think the new project will take him, the 547 I'm putting in my ranchero. Should do it. Yes I'm building this just for him....

91LX2Bfast 11-15-2003 04:45 PM

There was a beautiful T-type w/ a rollcage that smoked me when my car's tune was all messed up, and 1st and 2nd gear were shifting before 5K rpm. I'd like to run into him again when I can hit full boost and see how I do.
Another was a Carrera 4S. I ate him up BAD from a roll, but from the dig his AWD hooked hard and I spun through 80mph. He had the nerve to throw his flashers on. If I catch him with my slicks, its good night porsche.