MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-18-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
MacT
Registered Member

Default Chasing the Police

Okay, heres one..

I was returning home late one night and seemed to have a 20-mile bypass all to myself. Far ahead I noticed two cars, the thing that stood out about them was that I wasn't gaining on them despite being a fair amount over the speed limit. Curiousity called and I decided to check them out, but even at mph I was only slowly gaining. When I finally was close enough to see them well it became clear to me- they were racing. As I approached in my black '65 Fastback the Nova gave up, leaving only a boatish 70s Malibu to play with. We went at it a while and I seemed to have despirited the other racer, until.. as he faded a block behind, suddenly police lights flared from his dashboard. Whats the penalty for 40 over, racing a policeman? This time it turned out to be nothing- I was let go with a warning, mostly because he liked old Mustangs but probably also because it would have been a hard ticket to explain to a judge, whew. . . Just one of the many times police liked the Mustang so much no ticket happened.
MacT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 06:53 PM   #2
blue50lx
Registered Member

thats crazy lol.. Where they both cops or was it just the guy that was behind you?
Old 09-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #3
MacT
Registered Member

Ah, I kinda didn't ask. I tend to be yes sir, no sir when pulled over.
MacT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 02:09 AM   #4
gtjeremy
Registered Member

Default Re: Chasing the Police

you would have been f'ed so bad... incarceration is mandatory for going 25 over the speed limit, and you can't display your license in lieu of bail for racing in GA. That means your a** would have been in jail, license suspended, plus about a nice three hundred dollar fine tagged on for speeding, not to mention it also falls under reckless driving, which could have been another penalty as well.
yeah, i know, i vented a bit. so sue me.
gtjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:43 PM   #5
grey88gt
Registered Member

Talk about chasing the police. I was on my way home from the parts store (I live out in the boonys) anyways my uncle has a white explorer and all i could see was the back of it about a mile or so away. So I stand in it and about 120mph I realize its the local police k-9 unit instead (OH S***T) iam now about 1/8 mile from him. So now Iam in the brakes hard and run up on him about 6 car links I guess. Well hes outa city limits and doesnt stop me but drives buy the house a couple times. Well I seen him in town and he asked me if I was trying to run over him LOL. I havent had the car a year yet and now all the local cops point at me and grin. Ive lived her all my life and know all of them so maybe theyll leave alone.
grey88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 11:47 AM   #6
Coupe50h
Registered Member

hah, good stories, yea i know a guy who is becoming a sherriff after he finishes his last course, he owns a stang, and says alot of other guys "sheriff's" own or like the stang, thats good to know.....
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote