MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-01-2001, 02:32 AM   #1
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Post Check this guy out, wants to run him and his ricer buds..

The guy thinks a mid 14 gst could "handle" me, he is the ochux guy in our local tx forum. What you guys think, im gonna be turning 13.8 hopefully bye sunday, my name is 90lxcoupe on this....-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Quote from that guy:
First of all you wouldn't be able to hang with the 300zxtt and I am almost sure the 97 Gst could handle you too. Look for the white type r at military or for that matter anywhere I think you'll be surprised!

Not trying to talk smack or anything just stating the truth!

90lxcoupe
Street Player
(2/1/01 12:59:53 am)
Reply | Edit Re: Team Outrageous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dude the guy was from austin in the 300z it was a tt, and he got a bad launch, and as always i got an almost perfect reaction, im sure you know about turbo lagg too huh?

And i've spanked many gs-t's, he cant "handle" **** , but yea i do know there's some fast ones out there...somewhere. And guess what i seen your type-r, i work on the south side, near zarzamora and military, i work off hutchins though, but is it a real type-r? maybe it wasnt you, my dad was there with me (in a company truck) and i bet we coulda spanked you in a truck Bawhaha, j/k im not trying to piss ya off : or am i?

Ochux
Fresh Meat
(2/1/01 1:05:35 am)
Reply Re: Team Outrageous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
whats up 90lx coupe--the time that i have run does not reflect how fast my car is---i suck at the track--but if you see me on the road better watch out--believe me my car should be hitting high 13's--look out for the red gs-t no lag!!!!!!!!

pete 97gs-t

90lxcoupe
Street Player
(2/1/01 1:09:41 am)
Reply | Edit Re: Lets do it
Well you said to look for you, so i will, naw im serious though i saw a white type-r on the access road near zarzamora, and i really dont see a whole lot of them, but we should take this to the track, or maybe it's time for me to take a ride out to military (non work related) well i'll be workin my pony right past (most) of you imports

90lxcoupe
Street Player
(2/1/01 1:14:16 am)
Reply | Edit Re: Team Outrageous
Psst dude whatever, my friend has a red gs-t with some light mods, and he rode in my car and changed his mind about racing me real quick, like you said "just stating the truth"

Ochux
Fresh Meat
(2/1/01 1:14:59 am)
Reply 90lx coupe ITS ON
that last post was from Pete in the 97 Gs-t not from the type-r but I would be more than happy to accomodate you with a race, anytime anywhere, all motor type-r!!!!

and let me remind you its just a 4 banger
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 02:38 AM   #2
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

LOL, can you beleive this guy? he started flaming me hard, now im gonna have to put him in his place. I didnt post my last reply, but i named the place and time probaly friday at the track, or sunday at a street spot.

My sway bar is off, and im gonna have subs welded, and shooting for a mac h-pipe.

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 14.1623(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 97.80
Best 60': 2.0728
next mods: subframes, 3.73's

Old 02-01-2001, 10:30 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I just don't understand how people with a 14 second car can talk **** like that. I quess I will never understand people. All I gotta say is I hope 90dpscoupe whips that guys butt. People can be so stupid. Why talk mess just line em up.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 mark III
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 12:16 AM   #4
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

he's gonna be there with his friend, also on that post above with a gs-t eclipse that ran a 14.3, but he is faster now suposedly.

As the thread grew, a guy came along and told me my car is gonna whip him, and that he beat that type-r by like 10 car lnghts with a stock lt1, and all these guys are telling him to call them for some free mod advice on integras.

I didnt get the h-pipe, but im gonna be taking out my spare, and maybe getting some VhT to spray my wheels with, and doing a tuneup, wires, plugs, filters.ect...i'll keep posted, and i wanted to go out with some friends downtown, but i told them i had something to take care of, but it wont take long

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 14.1623(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 97.80
Best 60': 2.0728
next mods: subframes, 3.73's

Old 02-02-2001, 02:17 PM   #5
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

A stock GSX can hang with a stock 5.0 until about 60 with a high rpm launch, but a GST is not going to get it. Although they can be very fast - my friend in college had a 96 GST with 430 flywheel horsepower and a time slip showing 11.7 at over 120. He actually beat me from a rolling start getting on the freeway up to about 150mph while I was riding my heavily modded '90 FZR600 (low 11s).
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 03:31 PM   #6
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Well this gs-t has nowhere near 400 hp or 300, but it will not hang till 60, the one i raced before fell back after i stopped spinning, i spanked him badly, and he has a "bpu" so he might hang pretty good, i know they can pull hard up top, but not hard enough, im gonna launch hard and never look back.

But im going to get some vht (track bite) right now, and then doing my tune up, i'll be posting results around 11pm tonight.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:37 PM   #7
quikturbo
Registered Member

90lxcoupe, I completely agree with blue00gt. There are plenty of gs-t's and gsx's that are very fast, however, this guy sounds like he is just talking smack.
do me a favor and put this guy in his place, he gives dsm owners a bad name. Show him some taillights and tailpipes!!!
I run mid 12's on street tires with my gs-t but comming from owning many mustangs, I know what they are capaple of. One word of advise, it never pays to talk smack, cause one day may just be smacked.
good luck!

------------------
Chris
99 GS-T
quikturbo is offline   Reply With Quote