Thread: chev?????
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2001, 01:51 AM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Well, I guess I'd have to say I believe him. I've beaten 2 WS6 LS1's, and I've done pretty well, not losing ground behind an LS1 SS with my relatively stock 87GT.

Now the car's I've raced have all been converts, but I beat one of the WS6's by at least a couple cars to 70, and that was from a roll.

Most of the LS1's that people seem to see at the tracks run mid/high 13's@105ish. Whether that is related to the drivers not being able to drive or what I don't know. A freebie/stock 88LX coupe or hatch can run damn close to a 14.0@98 with solid driving. From a 0-80 the LS1 will outpower a 5.0, but if you get a solid jump and he's not the greatest driver it shouldn't be that hard holding one off to 80.

Also, please read a bit more deeply into his post, he's bascially admitting that he got burned trying to race the SS on the hiway.

Maybe you're a big Mustang fan and you've been reading up on the GM competition at LS1.com, but please, at least ask the mods before you attack him, the SD fox stangs are appearently a hell of a lot faster than what you realize.

------------------
1987 GT 5spd.
D&D Performance "Z" spec T-5
Dynomax 2.5" Super Turbo system
BBK 2 1/2" H-pipe with cats
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote