MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #1
GGRacing
Registered Member

Default Chevys Go down this weekend

This saterday night was funny as hell, when i went out to the spot to meet up with everyone me and my buddy had been tunning his 1968 Chevy C10 Stepside, its got a crate 350 with a 410rearend with posi. well that was running really good with new tires, but when we drove into the parking lot there is a fully restored 1970 Nova, that i had heard claimin 350-380HP at the crank with a turbo 400 and 410 rearend. Now im driving my 99GT that is bone stock down to the air silencer, and its got 255 dunlops on it, not the best tires for drag racing. Fastforward to our "Track" me and the C10 break the ice, i do a healthy burnout and we line up, off the line i instantly pull half a car, then continue till 90 when i have 4-5 cars on him, Ford 1 Chevy 0. He claims his truck bogged off the line then started cutting out at high RPM, whatever a wins a win. Next a few ricers race, and a 69 Firebird and this nova race, nova wins by about 1 1/2 cars to 2, so i figure WTF, why not so i haze the tires to clean the dirt off, and we line up and off the line i hes at my door and for some reason my car didnt hook at all, the rearend was lose untill about 100FT out when it finnally grabbed, so im in second and i can see his lights still at about my door and i started to pull, at the top of second he was at my bumper, then as i shift into third, i just started walkin away from him, so at 90-95 i had a 1 1/2-2 cars on him when i let off, when we came back around he took off before i could talk to him, i guess his chevy wasnt makin the power he said it was , well sorry for long post, maybe we can get this goin again

Steven
1999 GT 35th Anv. Auto
Best ET: N/A

1967 Mustang GTA (390)
Best ET: 15.4 @ 90
GGRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default Re: Chevys Go down this weekend

Congrats on the kills man!