View Single Post
Old 02-01-2001, 10:47 PM   #1
exgmguy
Registered Member

Thumbs up Close run with an LS1 SS.

I drove my Mutang to band practice today because the roads are in good shape, and we are supposed to get some snow late tonight.

I spotted Z28 taillights up ahead so I sped up to catch him. It was a Black SS with a flowmaster muffler and big tips. He immidiately dropped down and goosed it. We played around a little then he followed me down a nice, wide open road. (16 mile to the locals)

We held first as I waited for him to make the move. I was a fender ahead, but he took the jump. First gear went by in a flash, and a clean shift into 2nd gave me traction and a slight nose ahead.
I kept the pedal mashed waiting for the shiftlight to shine. I am inching ahead and bang 3rd, still pulling. Just before I shifted into 4th I could see his headlights on the road next to me. He was right at my back tire.

We stopped at the next light and talked.
He said he had exhaust from the motor back, (headers, Y-pipe, cat-back I assume) 3.73's and the little stuff. He said he thought that I was going to kill him. (The Welds, hood, turndowns, and lumpy idle) I told him his car hauls a$$, and asked if he ever ran at the track.
He said mid-high 12's. I gave a waive and turned around to go home.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote