MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2001, 10:06 PM   #1
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

Post Clueless people drive me crazy!

Why is it that every time I seem to pull up next to a riced out Civic, Integra, Eclipse, Accord, Prelude or anything else with a fart-pipe and fire extinguisher they always have to throw a couple of revs? My car is almost all stock looking, it is white, black conv. top, stock pony rims, removed emblems. I think it is the sound of my exhaust rumbling that makes them shake and they can't control their foot and it hits the gas pedal! (LOL) I will almost always throw back a rev and look over at them to see if they will bite. Most of the time they do and if the street is clear and it is not too dark outside so I can see around me, I will let them have it across the street then I will let off and let them catch me, once they get to my door, I get on it again and blip the throttle to keep even with them and start laughing outloud at them. It ususally instigates the typical ricer fly-by that we have all grown accustomed to. Why do they all seem to try to race mustangs? Is it because they "think" they can beat one or do they just want to see if their new "Neuspeed" hood stickers and "PIAA" driving lights added the 25 hp that their Import Mania magazine said they would? Is anyone else tired of all these little angry bees buzzing around on the streets or is it just me? I think I want to get a bumper sticker that says "If you want to race me with your Rice, let me go home and get my mountain bike cause your not worth the gas in my tank!"

------------------
1993 Conv. LX 5.0, FRPP 302 longblock w/Y303 aluminum heads, E303 cam. 93 cobra intake, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, Aeromotive AFPR, Underdrive pullies, Motorsport ceramic coated shorty headers, Bassani X-pipe w/converters, American Thunder Cat-back, Lentech AOD, Alum. driveshaft, 3.73's. Best E.T. 13.98 @ 99.78mph w/ 2.171 60' (Fontana Dragway 10/06/01)
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 03:19 AM   #2
89cp
Registered Member

Smile

I've never had anyone throw a rev at me around here.
Where do these "angry bees" hang out?
89cp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 08:40 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Smile

lfiveohx hey , i just picked up my silver metal flake ,crazyhorse vinal for my back window this morning, you yhink that added ,oh say 20hp to my gt ,i already have driving lights,so there's 10 more, i think i'm ready for a rice race now hehe!i had an acura with a wing that stuck,way up over his roof rev on me & he was sitting in front of me at the light, when it turned green he took off ,i couldn't get in the other lane, because some moron had it blocked so i stayed on his a$$ till we got clear, then smacked his a$$ , next light i rev he just turned right ,haha. later

------------------
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:32 AM   #4
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

I have never once had a ricer rev at me. I dont know what it is but nobody seems to want to race even the damn ricers. It is only once in a blue moon I get a race around here.
CAMARO GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:23 AM   #5
stevstum
Registered Member

I jsut put on an American Thunder cat back on my car so I can not even hear their cars any more. Anyone else havee this problem. The day I put it on a carmagia gave me rev and I gave him a rev back. He looked at me like he was not inpressed so I gave him a rev to 4 or 5 thousand and I actually scared the guy. He turned at the light and took off.

------------------
Steve Stumbaugh

89 LX 5.0 5sp.
Removed air silencer
Mac Racers Choice Air Filter
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs

stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:02 PM   #6
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

Thats all I get around here is ricers. The only time they rev is when there going in the opposite direction, sissys. I had an Acura run off on me the other day because I was laughing at the bookshelf looking spoiler he had screwed to his trunk. He either missed a few screws or his trunk was falling off from all the extra weight. Bet that was worth 50HP!

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:06 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Wink

camaro guy , hey pull up to a tojo and , just rev the hel- up & see if he even look's then, fry his a$$ , you know i really hate seeing rice with american sticker's on them, that's kinda like , hey i'll put a jap flag on my stang, go figure, & i'm not relating this to what's going on right now , but in past year's,or they have harley sticker's ya know. see ya, oh yes if rice acura had not made the right turn , i was going to see if i could borrow his spoiler to re- roof my house. bye

------------------steve stum --easy kill , only cost you 3 cent's worth of gas haha! good one.

[This message has been edited by crazy horse gt (edited 10-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by crazy horse gt (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #8
SlowStang2
Registered Member

Yea I've never had a ricer rev at me either. And fly-bys dont work when youre already going 100MPH. But then again, I am all balls and no brain.

------------------
94' Stang GT Convertible --Cobra upper&lower, GT-40Y Turbo Swirl aluminum heads, Mac cold air w/K&N, BBK equal length shorties, BBK offroad H-pipe, American Thunder cat-back, BBK T/B 65mm, 24lb injectors, Pro-77mm MAM, pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55s, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, adjustable fuel regulator, Steeda strut tower and subframes 14.0@102 MPH on G-tech;?MPH at track. I know, I know I am working on it. Now I have FRPP 1.7 RRs and new lifters, yes the ticking is gone!!!
SlowStang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 12:56 AM   #9
66 Racer
Registered Member

LOL, i think i should be more pissed off! Everytime I get at the light with a ricer they know better that to rev it. Instead they wait till i take off, i usually take off a bit quick, but not fast. Well its not till im in 2nd when i see their interest to race, and unfortunatly for them their flybys wont cut it when im in 2nd, i had an integra try this to me and the next some guy with his friends in a new impala or something big.

Oh, and why is it that the ricers are the freakin STUPID guys that dont watch the tarffic. If i do kill their "flyby" attempt which usually happens they will stay on it till i get off the gas EVEN THOUGH their is a SLOW car in front of them, Im tired of hitting the brakes early (expecting this) so that they dont hit me, maybee one of these days im gonna make them test out their 60ft stoping times.

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 09:39 AM   #10
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

No ricers around here ever want to race. Kinda wish they did though. Heh.

------------------
1989 GT, not stock.

2000 Camaro SS-A4, 13.4's bone stock.

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), tubbed, trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 12:28 PM   #11
Special K
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I think you need to wake up a little!! you sound just as bad as those stupid riceboy!!!

I hate them just as much because they give me and other true honda fans a bad name!!!

but do you think you should brag like that with what you are running?!?!?! I mean around here (montreal) .... most of my friends with honda would LAUGH at your Best E.T. 13.98 @ 99.78mph timeslip!!!!

You are talking like you have one of those 11s street machine.... LOL

------------------
2000 Honda Civic SiR
14.984 @ 92.509 mph
1989 Ford Mustang LX Coupe 5.0L (RIP)
14.120 @ 98.126 mph
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 01:08 PM   #12
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Unhappy

Hmm..I never get any races over here...unless I go with my friend to meet his friends...besides I don't really ask for races...I'd get my @ss spanked. lol

------------------
90 LX 5.0 AOD 3.73 Gears, Removed Air Silencer, more mods to come...
90LxDroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 12:02 PM   #13
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Quote:
Originally posted by Special K:

but do you think you should brag like that with what you are running?!?!?! I mean around here (montreal) .... most of my friends with honda would LAUGH at your Best E.T. 13.98 @ 99.78mph timeslip!!!!
See Special K, I'm not bashing on guys who build legitimate street machines based on import cars, I'm bashing on the local morons who spend thousands on spoilers, stickers, rims, fart pipes and spray paint to change their mirrors, but couldn't open the hood if the had too. These are the guys who look at my car and figure my 2 chrome tips mean I'm slower then there 1 big one, but won't run.

Some day I'll to come up to Montreal and let you guys whoop up on my stocker.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
Old 10-21-2001, 02:40 PM   #14
Special K
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer:
See Special K, I'm not bashing on guys who build legitimate street machines based on import cars, I'm bashing on the local morons who spend thousands on spoilers, stickers, rims, fart pipes and spray paint to change their mirrors, but couldn't open the hood if the had too. These are the guys who look at my car and figure my 2 chrome tips mean I'm slower then there 1 big one, but won't run.

Some day I'll to come up to Montreal and let you guys whoop up on my stocker.

I totally agree.. I HATE them just as much as you do!!!

Just to prove that we arent a bunch of riceboy! Here is my friend's Turbo GSR! He just installed a bolt on turbo kit... he ran 13.54 @ 103 mph with no tuning at stock kit boost! No spoiler, no bodykit, no 17" wheels, no stickers, all go no show!!!

------------------
2000 Honda Civic SiR
14.984 @ 92.509 mph
14.120 @ 98.126 mph

[This message has been edited by Special K (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 04:16 PM   #15
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Wink

damn looks like i saw hoof print's all over the roof of tojo hehe jk.

------------------oh i could of had a v-8

[This message has been edited by crazy horse gt (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 07:08 PM   #16
Rev
Registered Member

Dang Special K, it looks like your friend is one of those FWD guys that drives directly into the water box at the track, procedes to do a burn out of some description, and then trails water from his rear tires all the way to the starting line. That's just great for the next guy.

What's even more idiotic is that the track officials often let them do it. This is one of my pet peeves at the track. It just ruins it for the next guy up.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 07:47 PM   #17
Special K
Registered Member

Wink

I dont care I dont even burn my tire at the track... I find it stupid to burn stret
tires!!!

I just pass next toe the water box!!! no a little spin to get the rocks and stuff from my tires...

my 2 cents!!!

------------------
2000 Honda Civic SiR
14.984 @ 92.509 mph
14.120 @ 98.126 mph
Old 10-21-2001, 07:51 PM   #18
Rev
Registered Member

I agree with you Special K. Was referring to the black car in the picture.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 09:11 PM   #19
Special K
Registered Member

damn sorry about my previous post there is like 2000 spelling mistakes!!! LOL oh well.... hehehehe

------------------
2000 Honda Civic SiR
14.984 @ 92.509 mph
14.120 @ 98.126 mph
Old 10-23-2001, 11:42 AM   #20
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

See, thats what I'm talking about, that GSR doesn't meet my description of a ricer. While I think he'd have been happier putting that turbo on a V8 'stang, at least he's got the right idea.