MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Exclamation The cobra is moving!

Shoot...Yesterday, we put a Diablo chip in the cobra...Then, my brother and I decide to head out to get food...I take the GT, and 2 passengers, he takes the cobra, and 2 passengers as well...

We're cruising down this two lane hiway, and a race is inevitable...we're going about 50mph, and he's about a car behind me, where I can barely see him in my rearview...all of a sudden, I hear the Hpipe roaring and I know he took the jump...I floor it in the GT, and he's just pulling on me like nothing...(same as when I race an LS1 from a roll, where Im like hanging, but it's obvious it's a losing effort, and the car lengths are slowly building )He put an easy car length on me by 90 and I shut it down. At the next light, I gave him props, and told him that the cobra is moving now...he laughed at me and said, "I didnt even drop to third on you, just left it in 4th!!" The 5.0 just responds to mods so much better than the 4.6 does... He's got roughly the same mods as my friend's GT, with the only difference being the heads and the hpipe, and my friend ran a 13.8@100...so 13.6@101?? We have to take it to the track, but it's hard cause even though my brother has only put 2000 miles on it in the last 15months, he still wont let me drive it whenever I want, and he thinks the track will break it... Maybe I'll just have to "car-nap" it...haha...we'll see.

Moral of the story: The cobra can move.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:59 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

As much as I love my DOHC 4.6.............There is nothing like a 5.0 with gears and a few mods.

My dream car is a virgin 93 cobra, I love the 5.0.....
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: