MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-24-2000, 06:26 PM   #1
cravnpup
Registered Member

I'm not a cobra owner, but I have seen a very long discussion on Corral about an Oil burning problem... It seems that the cobra valve seals are weak..

------------------
2000 GT Conv. 5speed
Triple Black
Current Mods: K&N, Mobile 1
Upcoming Mods: BBK Longtubes, BBK H-pipe w/cats, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, and much much more
cravnpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2000, 03:13 PM   #2
87GTman

Post Any 99' Cobra Owners experienced?.. help

ok heres the deal. after numerous trips to the dealer for the belt tensioner, paint, gas pedal falling off, exhaust falling off, an now the ABS Trac. Ctrl. light staying on twice in 100 miles please help. tell me any difficults you other owners have had. thanx and how do they run after FORD's lil FIX

------------------
87 Gt mods are, HD clutch kit, T5 steel bearing retainer, 190 fuel pump, k&N panel, adj. cable and clutch quad., 3.73 gears rebuilt posi, 2.5 inch off road H pipe and 2 chamber flowmasters,BBK unequal length headers, ASP underdrives Crane 1.7 Roller Rockers
13.80 @ 102 mph street tires, 8.80 @79mph street tires 91 Mass air conversion B303, upgraded valve springs
(maybe the JUICE is next?.)
Old 08-21-2000, 09:35 AM   #3
Ripper
Registered Member

Unhappy

I am not a Cobra owner, but know someone who has a 99 Cobra convertible. He had the fix done and is extremely happy with his car and seems to run it pretty hard. There are some guys on this board who also seem to be happy with their cars.

The problems with the Cobra go beyond the intake and exhaust. I've read (MM&FF) that the pistons in the Cobra are weak. The IRS is a weak unit, particularly the half shafts, which on some cars have broke (at the track). The straight line stability is also a problem for some reason. I know that someone here has swapped out their IRS for a solid rear.

I guess it all depends how you will use the car. Will it see a lot of track time or will it be a weekend cruiser.

I almost bought one but went with the GT because I didn't think the Cobra was worth the extra $10k.

------------------
1999 GT - Laser Red
K&N, Steeda pulleys, & Steeda strut tower brace
(Upcoming mods: subframes, Bassani X, & FMS 3.73s
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote