View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 10:02 PM   #6
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Cobra vs Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally posted by roadracer247
Okay, right now I own a '67 Mustang with a 289 bored .35 over and it's for sale because I want to get something newer but I still want to go fast. I already love the '03 Cobra but it costs too much for me unless someone is willing to trade. Anyway I am wondering if a Cobra from like '98-'02 could take an SS in a street race. (Stock on Stock and I know that they changed models between those years)I have heard the SS would beat it every time but since I am a Ford guy it is hard to believe. Is this true? What would I need to beat a SS? I have also heard about issues with the trannies is this true? The other thing I am looking at is a Lightning. But I am not sure. Any info you can share with me will help me out a lot on this one.
i'd think it'd be easier with a notch/hatch back lx 5.0 platform. the 80's foxes are mind boggling fast strip monsters. the whole sn95 body isn't very good for sheer straightline usin bolt ons. its too heavy. to move real fast really quickly requires huge power an gobs of low end torque... somthin the 4.6 SOHC lacks. the 5.0 has really good low end out the box an the fox body makes it a rocket for 1/4 mile action with the LX bein a lil lighter than the GT.

i don't really know much about the DOHC 4.6 except they are monsters with S/C induction. or nitrous..or both

IMO opinion fast is fast, but if i'm payin $10,000 more than the competitor it better lay everything to waste that crosses its path.. an it better not fall apart while doin it. GM's had a bad rep with the durability of its camaros. the Camaro has always been a rocket.. its great for sheer speed. but thats it. it really has no character, its put together like a brick, ( i don't know what the hell that big lump is under the floor, but the designer should be shot) its impractical. and its a ***** to work on. plus they quit makin it, so you run into problems, i hope you know a good mechanic to locate parts. its kinda cheesy lookin, all the stripes an badges too IMO. ford has always been about sublty with style. lettin the dyno rollers speak the part of badges, stripes, an other eye candy.

strictly going the-nice-runnin-easy-to-mod-hold-togther type of way I'd defintly go with an cobra. classy, understated, sleeper.. a couple of choice mods an it'll eat that bowtie.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote