View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 02:31 PM   #15
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

Default Re: Cobra vs Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally posted by roadracer247
Okay, right now I own a '67 Mustang with a 289 bored .35 over and it's for sale because I want to get something newer but I still want to go fast. I already love the '03 Cobra but it costs too much for me unless someone is willing to trade. Anyway I am wondering if a Cobra from like '98-'02 could take an SS in a street race. (Stock on Stock and I know that they changed models between those years)I have heard the SS would beat it every time but since I am a Ford guy it is hard to believe. Is this true? What would I need to beat a SS? I have also heard about issues with the trannies is this true? The other thing I am looking at is a Lightning. But I am not sure. Any info you can share with me will help me out a lot on this one.
if it were me i would keep the 67 (if it's clean and in good shape) and get a lightning. turn the 67 into a nice track car and use the lightning as tow vehicle/ daily driver.

most people end up kicking themselves in the a** after they get rid of a nice old car for a new one (especially once the "new car feeling" is done with and the payments setle in

oh, and what is all this ls1 unreliability and bashing from some in this thread. when did this turn into a rice board where "fit and finish" were the only thing that matttered